Settings Canon 1000d with Sigma 10-20 mm at 10 mm

Thread: Settings Canon 1000d with Sigma 10-20 mm at 10 mm

Share/Bookmark

Hybrid View

1. Settings Canon 1000d with Sigma 10-20 mm at 10 mm

Hi everybody!
    Ive bought a NN5 Lite yesterday and now trying to make 360 panoramas in ptgui with my canon. But unfortunately I always get small parallax errors. I am trying to solve this problem, but... :-\ So I think, that it depends on my NN5 settings, the camera is not on the list and so I experiment with different positions, but nothing helps.. (Ive read all comments, how to find the right point, but I cannot manage it). So if somebody has an idea, how the settings should be, I would appreciate the advice!
    Thank you in advance!
  2. Re: Settings Canon 1000d with Sigma 10-20 mm at 10 mm

How many pictures did you make?

First: I don't own a Canon 1000D and Sigma 10-20mm. But the 1000D is almost the same like the 400D

The number i think you will need to make a 360 panorama with the Sigma @10mm:
    Nr. of images landscape 5
    Nr. of images portrait 6.6

I think the settings for the NN5:
    Lower rail: 47mm
    Upper rail: 93

Try and try. It's still the best way, good luke!
  3. Re: Settings Canon 1000d with Sigma 10-20 mm at 10 mm

I hope you are not confusing stitching errors and parallax errors. It takes only 5-10mins to set up the camera on the NN5 accurately, without taking any photographs or looking through the viewfinder. All you have to do is check the position of the entrance pupil by simply looking at it. When you have made the rail adjustments so that the entrance pupil doesn't change position at neighboring detent positions, you have the correct setting. See http://www.johnhpanos.com/epcalib.htm

John