Settings for Canon 50D?

Welcome to Nodal Ninja Forum

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Settings for Canon 50D?

Share/Bookmark

Hybrid View

1. Settings for Canon 50D?

Hello,

Just wondering if guys have any settings for Canon 50D and EF-S 10-22? Or are you just using the 40D settings instead?

Thanks.
  2. Re: Settings for Canon 50D?

Users Country Flag

50D is same as 40D on the outside. So use the 40D setting.

Nick

Fanotec
    We listen. We try harder.
  3. Re: Settings for Canon 50D?

4. Re: Settings for Canon 50D?

I have a 50D, EF-S 10-22 and Nodal Ninja 3 + MKII (which I am in the process of returning) and the setting for the 40D shown below does not seem to work (93mm)

http://www.nodalninja.com/html/canon_settings.html

I have found the entrance pupil for the for 50D + EF-S 10-22 @ 10 mm is 104.5mm (top rail Nodal Ninja 3 + MKII) which means camera body hits the lower rail when you try and take a zenith image.

5. Re: Settings for Canon 50D?

Quote Originally Posted by nemo_uk View Post
    I have found the entrance pupil for the for 50D + EF-S 10-22 @ 10 mm is 104.5mm (top rail Nodal Ninja 3 + MKII) which means camera body hits the lower rail when you try and take a zenith image.
    I measured that the setting for the entrance pupil for a 40D with the EF 10-22mm at the 10mm end is around 104mm, so our settings table is wrong.

Although it is not possible to achieve the full rotation up for a proper zenith shot with this setup, it is possible to fill the zenith area with a single image taken at maximum angle possible, without changing the entry pupil position.

Another strategy would be to take a zenith shot shifting the camera position on the rail to complete the rotation, and then patch the zenith hole as you were doing if it was the nadir.

Of course, the Nodal Ninja 5 doesn't have the above limitations.

Mauro Contrafatto
    Customer Service Manager
    cs@nodalninja.com
  6. Re: Settings for Canon 50D?

Thanks for the advice.

I'm going send back the NN3 + D16 and use the refund to get a NN5L.
+ Reply to Thread