EZ-leveler II - HELP

Thread: EZ-leveler II - HELP

Share/Bookmark
  1. EZ-leveler II - HELP

I have just received my new EZ-leveler II.
    Forgive my ignorance but I simply can't figure how to use it.

Where does it get fixed exactly??
    I believe the bottom plate screws into my tripod head, but how on earth is the upper plate fixed to the NN (I have NN5)?
    Is it possible to install it between the tripod and the tripod head?? (I have a GITZO GT1530 and a G2771M head).

Also I can't figure out either the use of those little nobs which are supposed to set the detent interval. Although on the top plate of the leveler is written Rotator D3L, nothing rotates!
    I think I must be missing something here

Note that a simple user manual would be very useful when supplying this small but not that obvious piece of equipment.

Please help.

Many thanks
  2. Re: EZ-leveler II - HELP

I totally agree with Sam. I have the version 1 and can't get the thread adaptor that came with my Ninja to fit in the EZ Leveller as it came assembled so I don't know whether to take it all to pieces and try from the other direction!
    Kev
  3. Re: EZ-leveler II - HELP

Users Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by sam View Post
    Forgive my ignorance but I simply can't figure how to use it.

Where does it get fixed exactly??
    I believe the bottom plate screws into my tripod head, but how on earth is the upper plate fixed to the NN (I have NN5)?
    Hi Sam,

If you just want an EZ-L II, you bought the wrong item. However, the Rotator D3L is a wonderful rotator. Once you get it mounted on NN5, you will like it very much. The advanced rotator replace the default rotator. So you have to unmount the default rotator first. Loosen the rotator tension knob on top of the lower rail. The outer cylinder of the rotator is attached to the lower rail by 2 screws. Loosen the screws with the hex key included. Store these screws properly with the default rotator.
    In your Rotator D3L package, there are 2 small M3 screws and one M6 screw. Mount the M3 screws to the bottom of the lower rail. Like this

Then mount the lower rail to the rotator like this

tighten the M6 screw and the rotator is ready for use.
    You may find more info in this thread.
    http://nodalninja.com/forum/index.php?topic=90.0
    We will make up the user manual ASAP. I apologize for the inconvience.

nick

Fanotec
    We listen. We try harder.
  4. Re: EZ-leveler II - HELP

Users Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by kevthewev View Post
    I totally agree with Sam. I have the version 1 and can't get the thread adaptor that came with my Ninja to fit in the EZ Leveller as it came assembled so I don't know whether to take it all to pieces and try from the other direction!
    Kev
    Hi Kev,

You have problem mounting NN on the Ez-Leveler? NN3/NN5 have 1/4"-3/8" adapter installed at the base of the rotator. Remove the adapter and store it at the "adapter holder" socket at the base. The second 3/8" socket next to the central one. Then mount the EZ-L to the central 3/8" socket on the rotator. Then adjust the leveling by turning 2 of the larger thumb wheels. Lock the leveler by turning the smaller knob to the top.

Nick

Fanotec
  5. Re: EZ-leveler II - HELP

Users Country Flag

Is it possible to install it between the tripod and the tripod head?? (I have a GITZO GT1530 and a G2771M head).
    Hi Sam,

It is pointless to install a rotator between a tripod and ballhead. A ballhead with shift the center of rotation and will screw up the NPP settings and the leveling.

NIck

Fanotec
  6. Re: EZ-leveler II - HELP

Thanks Nick for you help. I've managed to mount it now.

Quote Originally Posted by nick fan View Post
    Hi Sam,
    It is pointless to install a rotator between a tripod and ballhead. A ballhead with shift the center of rotation and will screw up the NPP settings and the leveling.
    NIck
    The G2771M head is not a ball head. This is a 3 way head and the reason why I'd like to mount the leveler between the tripod and the this 3 way head is because when I want to do panoramas using my zoom lens Canon 100-400 I like to fix the lens directly onto the tripod head (as with such focal lenses I have no need to worry about nodal point as I never have a foregrounds close enough to cause problems). Hence in this situation I only need to worry about correct tripod leveling.
    So is it possible to mount the EZ leveler in such a way?

Many thanks
    Sam.
  7. Re: EZ-leveler II - HELP

Users Country Flag

Thanks Nick for you help. I've managed to mount it now.

The G2771M head is not a ball head. This is a 3 way head and the reason why I'd like to mount the leveler between the tripod and the this 3 way head is because when I want to do panoramas using my zoom lens Canon 100-400 I like to fix the lens directly onto the tripod head (as with such focal lenses I have no need to worry about nodal point as I never have a foregrounds close enough to cause problems). Hence in this situation I only need to worry about correct tripod leveling.
    So is it possible to mount the EZ leveler in such a way?

Many thanks
    Sam.
    Hi Sam,

You can mount an EZ-Leveler in that way. YOu should not mount a rotator in that way though because the 3-way head will shift the NPP and leveling.
    If EZ-L II is what you wanted, please return the Rotator D3L for refund. EZ-L II is shipping next week.

nick

Fanotec
  8. Re: EZ-leveler II - HELP

Thanks again Nick for your prompt reply.
    No I wasn't planing on using the rotator on the leveler (in fact I hadn't realised when I bought it that it was included).
    Swapping for the EZ-L II sounds like a good option for me, just a pity I will have lost the custom and import duty fees in the process.

Sam
  9. Re: EZ-leveler II - HELP

Nick, one last question if I may.
    Will the EZ-L II include a spirit level on it?

Many thanks
    Sam
  10. Re: EZ-leveler II - HELP

Users Country Flag

Nick, one last question if I may.
    Will the EZ-L II include a spirit level on it?

Many thanks
    Sam
    no spirit level in EZ-L II. all NNs have spirit level on the lower rail.
    Actually you can mount the 3 way head on tripod and mount the rotator D3L on the 3 way head. you remove the NN with Rotator D3L when using the telephoto lens.

nick

Fanotec
  11. Re: EZ-leveler II - HELP

Quote Originally Posted by nick fan View Post
    If EZ-L II is what you wanted, please return the Rotator D3L for refund. EZ-L II is shipping next week.
    Hi Nick, any more news on when the EZ-L II will be available?

Many thanks
    Sam
  12. Re: EZ-leveler II - HELP

Users Country Flag

Hi Nick, any more news on when the EZ-L II will be available?

Many thanks
    Sam
    Bill is taking pictures for the new EZL II. It should be in the store very soon.

nick

Fanotec
  13. Re: EZ-leveler II - HELP

The new EZ-Leveler_II is here and available for purchase now!!!
    http://store.nodalninja.com/product_p/ezl-ii.htm

14. Re: EZ-leveler II - HELP

That's great thanks!
    Sam
  15. Re: EZ-leveler II - HELP