Rotator R-D3L with built in new EZ-Leveler-II ??

Thread: Rotator R-D3L with built in new EZ-Leveler-II ??

Share/Bookmark
  1. Rotator R-D3L with built in new EZ-Leveler-II ??

OK I have the NN5 w/ the RD12 rotator.

I have been looking forward to a leveling system and I was waiting to see the EZ-Leveler-II. It looks sweet, but a I have a few questions.

There doesn't appear to be a bubble level on the EZ-Leveler-II/R-D3L combo. Is this correct?

Are you going to come out with the EZ-Leveler-II without the R-D3L Rotator? Will it have a bubble level? I am asking this question because I already have the RD12 rotator, so I wouldn't need the R-D3L. I just need the EZ-Leveler-II.

2. Re: Rotator R-D3L with built in new EZ-Leveler-II ??

Users Country Flag

all NNs have level bubble on the lower rail. There is no need for another bubble. EZL-II is coming next week.

nick

Fanotec
    We listen. We try harder.
  3. Re: Rotator R-D3L with built in new EZ-Leveler-II ??

As Nick mentioned you don't need a second bubble level. I've seen folks using hot shoe levels with tripod head levels with NN levels. Using multiple levels is like trying to stack marbles. The NN level is the level to use and in itself is very sensitive. Minor drifting is fine as long as it doesn't fall outside the inner ring and once set do not reset for each shot. Many stitching programs also allow for minor tweaking of level during post production.
    Bill