Which Nodal Ninja is right for me?

Thread: Which Nodal Ninja is right for me?

Share/Bookmark
  1. Which Nodal Ninja is right for me?

Users Country Flag

Hey all!

I have a Canon 400D with a Sigma 8mm fisheye lens, and I've been monkeying around with PTGui. I'm thinking about getting a nodal ninja, and would like some recommendations for which model would be right for me. I'm a panorama novice, and I'm just looking to learn as much as I can. I hope to at least publish my panoramas on the tubes. Any advice would be greatly appreciated!

Oh, one more thing. I'm mostly interested in doing spherical panos.

-TicTocCroc
  2. Re: Which Nodal Ninja is right for me?

Users Country Flag

NN3II is perfect for you.

nick

Fanotec
    We listen. We try harder.
  3. Re: Which Nodal Ninja is right for me?

Hi all. I have another "which Nodal Ninja is right for me" question. I want to do landscape panoramas, one or two rows, up to 180 degrees horozontal, no spherical panoramas. I have a Nikon D300 and will be using mostly manual focus ais lenses in a range of 20mm to 200mm. The lenses and camera meet the NN3 specifications, I just want to make sure that the NN3 will be stable with the longer lenses. What do you think?
  4. Re: Which Nodal Ninja is right for me?

Users Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by photofly View Post
    Hi all. I have another "which Nodal Ninja is right for me" question. I want to do landscape panoramas, one or two rows, up to 180 degrees horozontal, no spherical panoramas. I have a Nikon D300 and will be using mostly manual focus ais lenses in a range of 20mm to 200mm. The lenses and camera meet the NN3 specifications, I just want to make sure that the NN3 will be stable with the longer lenses. What do you think?
    for longer focal length, NN5/5L will perform better. More stable and hence sharper image in low light situation. Beside it gives you more freedom to try other (big) lens.
    NN3 however will perform well for small prime lens such as 35mm, 50mm.

nick

Fanotec
  5. Re: Which Nodal Ninja is right for me?

another new which is right for me.

i have been doing some basic pano stuff, and i really love the format.

i have a panning head, but don't care for it and usually just use the camera handheld or on a tripod and pan.

i want to improve the level of the work but am clueless about what equipment and how to use said equipment.

right now i am using a Nikon D100 and have several lenses but tend to use the 17-55 lens at the 55 focal length for making the images.

which model ninja would be right for this camera?
    and i am going to hope that the directions are easy to follow for a clueless scientific individual

thanks for any help people may have

6. Re: Which Nodal Ninja is right for me?

Users Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by ann View Post
    another new which is right for me.

i have been doing some basic pano stuff, and i really love the format.

i have a panning head, but don't care for it and usually just use the camera handheld or on a tripod and pan.

i want to improve the level of the work but am clueless about what equipment and how to use said equipment.

right now i am using a Nikon D100 and have several lenses but tend to use the 17-55 lens at the 55 focal length for making the images.

which model ninja would be right for this camera?
    and i am going to hope that the directions are easy to follow for a clueless scientific individual

thanks for any help people may have

I guess your lens is 17-55mm F2.8, right? You definitely need an NN5/5L.

nick

Fanotec
  7. Re: Which Nodal Ninja is right for me?

your correct, it is the 2.8 lens.

thanks, i will check into that model.

8. Re: Which Nodal Ninja is right for me?

with more research it has come to my attention that the type of panos i am doing aren't in the same area as most of the ones on this board. I am really not interested in 360 degrees so with just taking 5-7 overlapping shots need the same head as recommended to me in the above thread?

i hope this makes sense
  9. Re: Which Nodal Ninja is right for me?

Users Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by ann View Post
    with more research it has come to my attention that the type of panos i am doing aren't in the same area as most of the ones on this board. I am really not interested in 360 degrees so with just taking 5-7 overlapping shots need the same head as recommended to me in the above thread?

i hope this makes sense
    17-55mm F2.8 is a big lens. YOu need NN5/5L.

nick

Fanotec
  10. Re: Which Nodal Ninja is right for me?

thanks just doubling checking.

also is there an easy tutorial to view as how to adjust these things. I am really a hands on type of learner. After that a tutorial makes sense. Right now everything i have seen is making my eyes glaze over.