Finding entrance pupil.

Welcome to Nodal Ninja Forum

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Finding entrance pupil.

Share/Bookmark

Hybrid View

1. Finding entrance pupil.

I just got my NN3 II in the mail today (and I must say that it is of better quality than I expected for the price, hats off to you!)

so I was trying to get my entrance pupil setting for my D50 + sigma 10-20mm lens. I could not tell using the "gap" method of lining up a close and a far item and seeing if there was a gap. What I did was line up the corners of two houses. I put one directly behind the other so I could just barely not see the far house. Then I rotated the lens away and the other house came into view. Then I moved my camera down the rail until the house disappeared. now the left rotated view looks exactly like the center view. This seems like just as good a way as any (maybe easier) does anyone know of any reason why this would not work I have a 360 tour to shoot tomorrow and I want to be ready.
    Thanks!
  2. Re: Finding entrance pupil.

I'm sure what you have done will be adequate. However, it's best if you choose something very close to the camera with a background as far away as practical. I use a strip of sticky tape on a window looking out onto some distant buildings. See http://www.johnhpanos.com/epcalib.htm.

John
  3. Re: Finding entrance pupil.

Thanks John. Tape on a window is a good idea, Ill try that next time. The close house I used was just a few feet away, and the far one was about 25 feet.
    I look forward to putting this bad boy to good use.
+ Reply to Thread