Another desert cactus pano

Welcome to Nodal Ninja Forum

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Another desert cactus pano

Share/Bookmark
  1. Another desert cactus pano

Did another quickie pano in the desert the other day.
    http://www.circularworlds.com/saguar...on_sonora.html
    I think the white balance was slightly skewed (to cool) and the pano doesn't have the crispness I'm trying to get. It was shot with the D700 w/10.5 (DX I know) on a NN5 w/RD12 - what a sweet rotator (product plug).
    Nt sure how the line got in there unless CS didn't adjust the image evenly across the rectangular image.
  2. Re: Another desert cactus pano

Users Country Flag

Bill,

you hide the shadow of your tripod very well. :-)

nick

Fanotec
    We listen. We try harder.
  3. Re: Another desert cactus pano

I was tucked behind the shadow of the cactus
    An off note - these Saguaro Cactus are massive, very dominate and highly respected features in our native desert landscape.
    Many people are stealing these cactus in the desert and reselling for thousands of dollars only to find replanted in peoples personal yards. The government has implemented a program where they embed gps chips into the cactus to help catch the poachers. Can't count the times I have scene holes on the ground where these massive giants once grew.
  4. Re: Another desert cactus pano

Hello Bill,

That is a pano of an impressive scene !

I can imagine that those big cactus plants are very old before they reached there full size.
    It is just if this specific specimen is telling "I have seen it all, the victory is mine" hence the V shape of the fingers ;-)

Quote Originally Posted by Bill Bailey View Post
    Nt sure how the line got in there unless CS didn't adjust the image evenly across the rectangular image.
    Is there any change you post processed the equirectangular in CS3 "Shadows/Highlights" adjustment ?
    If so then be aware that the enhancement of the image is done locally and not over the 360 image borders, especially when the brightness differs a lot around the area close to both sides of the image then a line as yours will be the result.
    The "Shadows/Highlights" adjustments option is fine but not so suited for 360 images :-(

But perhaps there is another cause, some unintended left or right image shift on the canvas leaving a dark line behind....

All the best and I hope to see more of those "desert beauties".

Wim

EDIT:
    Googled and found this info, they are getting really old!
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Saguaro
  5. Re: Another desert cactus pano

thanks for that Wim,
    I believe I may have fell victim to poor post processing in CS. I've had other pano's showing up with same with these new steps added into CS3.
    many thx
    Bill
+ Reply to Thread