EZ-Leveler's brass rings

Welcome to Nodal Ninja Forum

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: EZ-Leveler's brass rings

Share/Bookmark
  1. EZ-Leveler's brass rings

Hi,

I am trying to figure out my new EZ-Leveler that goes with my new NN3 NKII. It works great, but I do have a questions. What's the purpose of small rings? I thought it was for fine tuning at first, but that doesn't seem to be used for that.

They do serve a purpose, right?

Thanks!
    Charles
  2. Re: EZ-Leveler's brass rings

Users Country Flag

the top ring is for locking the setting. It also reduce the residual tolerance in the screw and nut. I hope you understand what I mean. The screw and nut can't be without gap. It took us 6 months to prove it. :-). So there can be some small gap which can cause vibration. THe locking ring will compensate this gap.

nick

Fanotec
    We listen. We try harder.
  3. Re: EZ-Leveler's brass rings

Nick,

OK, thanks for letting me know. When is it locked? 1) when the two screws are seperated? or 2) when the two screws are closest together?

thanks!

Charles

Quote Originally Posted by nick fan View Post
    the top ring is for locking the setting. It also reduce the residual tolerance in the screw and nut. I hope you understand what I mean. The screw and nut can't be without gap. It took us 6 months to prove it. :-). So there can be some small gap which can cause vibration. THe locking ring will compensate this gap.

nick
  4. Re: EZ-Leveler's brass rings

Users Country Flag

When is it locked? 1) when the two screws are seperated.

Fanotec
    We listen. We try harder.
+ Reply to Thread