Suggestion for rail stops

Welcome to Nodal Ninja Forum

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Suggestion for rail stops

Share/Bookmark
  1. Suggestion for rail stops

Hi Bill, Nick, I love my NN3 MKII and have been using it for a couple of months with great success!

I'll have to order more rail stops though since I stripped one as I was tightening it down. Due to
    the fact that the screw is made of metal and the stop itself is plastic. These two materials are not
    very compatible when it comes to threading one into the other... :

Are there any plans to make the plate out of metal? Thanks for an otherwise GREAT product!
  2. Re: Suggestion for rail stops

Users Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by rstone View Post
    Hi Bill, Nick, I love my NN3 MKII and have been using it for a couple of months with great success!

I'll have to order more rail stops though since I stripped one as I was tightening it down. Due to
    the fact that the screw is made of metal and the stop itself is plastic. These two materials are not
    very compatible when it comes to threading one into the other... :

Are there any plans to make the plate out of metal? Thanks for an otherwise GREAT product!
    changing the stops to metal will greatly increase the cost. also it can hurt the paint of the rail. what we can do is throw in extra 2 stops in the packing.
    the stop is for remembering a setting. It seems that once you get the right setting, you don't need to change the stop. If you don't screw/unscrew many times, I don't see a problem with the plastic stop.
    Do you screw/uncsrew often?

nick

Fanotec
    We listen. We try harder.
  3. Re: Suggestion for rail stops

My NN5L stops work good and they hold their position well.

I just remember not to over-tighten them. It really doesn't take much.

David
  4. Re: Suggestion for rail stops

What about a metal insert for the rail stop. That can be done easily.

Seems to me that if somebody changes lenses, then that needs
    the rail stops adjusted.
  5. Re: Suggestion for rail stops

Well, I don't change the stops very often but was not aware of how easily they could be stripped, so upon
    cranking it down, it seemed to strip rather easily. I went ahead and ordered a couple more. Not a big deal but
    it is an improvement opportunity for sure.
  6. Re: Suggestion for rail stops

Users Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by rstone View Post
    Well, I don't change the stops very often but was not aware of how easily they could be stripped, so upon
    cranking it down, it seemed to strip rather easily. I went ahead and ordered a couple more. Not a big deal but
    it is an improvement opportunity for sure.
    Thanks a lot for the suggestion. I will look into the solutions. Probably thicker stop and longer screw will solve the problem.
    At the moment, I will include more spare stops in the package.

nick

Fanotec
    We listen. We try harder.
+ Reply to Thread