what lens would you recommend

Welcome to Nodal Ninja Forum

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: what lens would you recommend

Share/Bookmark
  1. what lens would you recommend

for a 5d i have a 24 - 105 and a 100 macro am looking to do some pans also some real estate thanks
  2. Re: what lens would you recommend

Users Country Flag

for ease of use and speed, get the sigma 8mm F3.5. You only need 3 shots.
    For more resolution, get the canon/sigma 15mm fisheye. 5 or 6 shots around plus zenith and nadir.
    If you have are brave enough, you can get a Tokina 10-17mm and shaved the lens hood. Then you use the whole zoom range to get different resolution by taking 3-6 shots.

nick

Fanotec
    We listen. We try harder.
  3. Re: what lens would you recommend

Thanks Nick ... my NN5 arrived this morning so am setting up ...

not being that brave will save for the canon or sigma lens

cheers

bently
  4. Re: what lens would you recommend

When you say that the Sigma 8mm fisheye only needs 3 shots is the camera mounted vertical for this or is it mounted horizontal? Sorry if this sounds stupied I'm thinking of getting started in the real estate photo and I'm trying to learn everything I can before purchasing.
  5. Re: what lens would you recommend

Users Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by baker1444 View Post
    When you say that the Sigma 8mm fisheye only needs 3 shots is the camera mounted vertical for this or is it mounted horizontal? Sorry if this sounds stupied I'm thinking of getting started in the real estate photo and I'm trying to learn everything I can before purchasing.
    bently has a canon 5D, a full frame DSLR. So 3 shots are enough. Indeed 2 shots are ok at reduced quality at the seam. For a DSLR with APS-C sensor (1.5x, 1.6x or 1.7x), 4 shots are needed unless you roll the camera by 60 deg.

Nick

Fanotec
    We listen. We try harder.
  6. Re: what lens would you recommend

Quote Originally Posted by nick fan View Post
    bently has a canon 5D, a full frame DSLR. So 3 shots are enough.
    To be quite clear, with a fullframe camera, the complete image circle from a Sigma 8mm lens is captured. Consequently, it is immaterial whether the camera is mounted in landscape or portrait orientation.

John
  7. Re: what lens would you recommend

+ Reply to Thread