NN3 upper rail fit into NN5 lower rail?

Welcome to Nodal Ninja Forum

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: NN3 upper rail fit into NN5 lower rail?

Share/Bookmark
  1. NN3 upper rail fit into NN5 lower rail?

Users Country Flag

Hello All,

Does anybody know if the NN3 upper rail assembly will fit into the track on the NN5 lower rail?

That would be a great way to be able to take advantage of the new rotators without re-drilling and tapping the lower rail.

Thanks,
    Dean
  2. Re: NN3 upper rail fit into NN5 lower rail?

Users Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Frate View Post
    Hello All,

Does anybody know if the NN3 upper rail assembly will fit into the track on the NN5 lower rail?

That would be a great way to be able to take advantage of the new rotators without re-drilling and tapping the lower rail.

Thanks,
    Dean
    NN3/5 rails have different thickness. The screw of the knobs hence have different lengths. You need to use the knob made for that particular rail. Indeed you can mount the NN3 upper assembly on NN5 lower assembly.
    what rotators are you talking about? The new advanced rotators? we have anti-twisting adapter for NN3 and the advanced rotators. In fact, you only need to use a rubber pad as spacer. the friction is enough for anti-twisting.

nick

Fanotec
    We listen. We try harder.
  3. Re: NN3 upper rail fit into NN5 lower rail?

Users Country Flag

Thanks for the reply/update, Nick,

Maybe I'm a purist. I thought I'd order one of the new rotators and adapt it to the NN3 lower rail. But, if I didn't like it, might inquire about buying a NN5 lower rail if the NN3 upper rail fits it (and it does!). So, that's still and option. Now, I have to decide which rotator I like. They're all so interesting. Of course, if I had the money, I'd have one of everything.

Thanks again,

Dean

P.S. Love that you have an advert at the PanoSalado blog!
  4. Re: NN3 upper rail fit into NN5 lower rail?

Users Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Frate View Post
    Thanks for the reply/update, Nick,
    Now, I have to decide which rotator I like. They're all so interesting. Of course, if I had the money, I'd have one of everything.
    Believe me or not, this is not a good idea. I have collected lots of camera for product design. I really like many of them. Some of them are classic prosumers. But I don't have time to use all of them. It is very painful.

Nick

Fanotec
    We listen. We try harder.
+ Reply to Thread