clamp on nn3

Welcome to Nodal Ninja Forum

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: clamp on nn3

Share/Bookmark
  1. clamp on nn3

hi

i see that you're selling an arca clamp with the nn5, but no such clamp is listed on the nn3 sale page? can an arca clamp (yours or kirk's or rrs's or whatever) be fitted to the nn3?

best
    th
  2. Re: clamp on nn3

Users Country Flag

what camera are you using? some cameras are too tall that the lower rail is not long enough to accommodate the extra thickness of a QR system.

nick

Fanotec
    We listen. We try harder.
  3. Re: clamp on nn3

d300.
    when you say tall are you referring to cameras on battery/vertical packs, or the big pro slr's?
    if that's the case, mine shouldn't be a problem...
  4. Re: clamp on nn3

Users Country Flag

the height from base to lens axis is relatively high for D300. From suggested setting
    NN3 - 53
    NN3 w/CP - 63,
    it may be the max height that is compatible with AS QR system.

It requires a think adapter plate for the QR. I will check out the compatibility when the adapter is shipping.

nick

Fanotec
  5. Re: clamp on nn3

nick i'm not sure if i understood you correctly...

the numbers, 53 and 63, they refer to??

to figure out if i can use it with an arca qr clamp or not, i need to measure the distance from base to optical center on my camera, add to that the extra height that would come with an ac clamp, and know what the max height (combined height) from base to optical center for the nn3 mkII was (am i correct)??

i've never used a pano head, and i live in one of those remote places unable to get my hands on one, and with rather large shipping prices, so i wanted to get my order together and not miss any important detail..

the plan was to get a kirk clamp, as i need to make a kirk order anyway, and was hoping it would fit.

would greatly appreciate input...

. ])
    th
  6. Re: clamp on nn3

Users Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by thorirv View Post
    nick i'm not sure if i understood you correctly...

to figure out if i can use it with an arca qr clamp or not, i need to measure the distance from base to optical center on my camera, add to that the extra height that would come with an ac clamp, and know what the max height (combined height) from base to optical center for the nn3 mkII was (am i correct)??
    yes, since the D300 is quite tall, the lower rail may be not long enough. I made some thinner adapter plate for QR. I will check out compatibility for you.

nick

Fanotec
  7. Re: clamp on nn3

8. Re: clamp on nn3

NN3 would work fine with QR system. I am using the manfrotto RC2 it is way thicker than the Arca. No problem
  9. Re: clamp on nn3

Users Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by mrtraitor View Post
    NN3 would work fine with QR system. I am using the manfrotto RC2 it is way thicker than the Arca. No problem
    most cameras will work fine. Nikon D70,D100,D200,D300 are taller and need thinner QR.

nick

Fanotec
  10. Re: clamp on nn3

Users Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by nick fan View Post
    yes, since the D300 is quite tall, the lower rail may be not long enough. I made some thinner adapter plate for QR. I will check out compatibility for you.

nick
    The new QR rail plate is shipping. It acts as QR adapter for NN rails. But is only recommended for lever arm QRs. The scew knob type QR are not recommended because the knob will will pump into the rail.

Nick

Fanotec
+ Reply to Thread