leveling NN5L bubble, hotshoe bubble, stitcher leveling

Thread: leveling NN5L bubble, hotshoe bubble, stitcher leveling

Share/Bookmark

Hybrid View

1. leveling NN5L bubble, hotshoe bubble, stitcher leveling

I am still challenged by non leveled panoramas. I levle the NN5L bubble in the center of the small circle, but I still end up with panoramas where the view is at an angle. I purchased a hotshoe bubble and have used it for the zenith and nadir shots. I have an EZ leveler, but I do not use it anymore because it tends to unscrew when I carry the tripod around with the pano head attached when I am taking multiple panoramas.

I have used the leveler in autopano and ptgui, which often helps, but some times, it causes other problems. The list also is from right to left which is the opposite of what I would expect if it was due to flex in the upper arm. Maybe it is my center pole on my manfrotto 3130 tripod?

Is leveling in your stitcher and standard step in your stitching, or is reserved for occasions when this is a problem?

Do you use a hotshoe bubble just for the zenith and nadir shots?

My stitching has become simpler and faster since I found out about the cylinder on the sigma fisheye and I have reduced the number of shots and rows that are required.
  2. Re: leveling NN5L bubble, hotshoe bubble, stitcher leveling

Users Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Castillonis View Post
    I have an EZ leveler, but I do not use it anymore because it tends to unscrew when I carry the tripod around with the pano head attached when I am taking multiple panoramas.
    pm me your address, I can send you a rubber cork sheet which will greatly increase the friction between the leveler and the tripod.

nick

Fanotec
    We listen. We try harder.
  3. Re: leveling NN5L bubble, hotshoe bubble, stitcher leveling

Quote Originally Posted by Castillonis View Post
    Is leveling in your stitcher and standard step in your stitching, or is reserved for occasions when this is a problem?

Do you use a hotshoe bubble just for the zenith and nadir shots?
    I have never used anything other than the bubble level on the pano head. I always level during stitching (with PTGui). If there are vertical features and/or the horizon is visible, I will use t1 & t2 points to level, otherwise I optimize the main horizontal row with pitch and roll linked to get it level. If, despite evreything, the final panorama still looks a bit off for any reason, then it can be tweaked by dragging in the Panorama Editor window, but that is very rarely needed.

John
  4. Re: leveling NN5L bubble, hotshoe bubble, stitcher leveling

Users Country Flag

also make sure you read the bubble from top absolutely.

nick

Fanotec
    We listen. We try harder.