Arca Style Quick Release Clamp

Welcome to Nodal Ninja Forum

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Arca Style Quick Release Clamp

Share/Bookmark

Hybrid View

1. Arca Style Quick Release Clamp

So...I was just looking at the Arca Style Quick Release Clamp available as an accessory for the NN5. I know it says not recommended for the NN3 and I'm wondering what the reason for that is. I have the NN3 MkII that I use with the Nikon D200 and 10.5 Nikkor DX fisheye lens. I have an RRS L-Bracket. Its really a pain for me to switch back and forth between the NN3 Camera plate and my L-Bracket when in the field. Anyone know if its possible to use the Arca Style Quick Release Clamp?

Danai
  2. Re: Arca Style Quick Release Clamp

Users Country Flag

what is your lower rail setting? we are working on thinner adapter for quick release plate. It will be out next month. It may work for you. What is the thickness of your L-plate?

nick

Fanotec
    We listen. We try harder.
  3. Re: Arca Style Quick Release Clamp

My lower rail setting is 63. The thickness of my L-Bracket is 10mm.

Danai
  4. Re: Arca Style Quick Release Clamp

Can the new arca style clamp be used without the camera mounting plate? If I'm not mistaken the current arca style plate requires the use of the camera mounting plate which adds to its weight, thickness, and seems to make it an askward design.

Danai
  5. Re: Arca Style Quick Release Clamp

Users Country Flag

we are making a thin QR adapter which may work for you. I will test it when it is released. chances are high. :-) Do you have the RRS lever QR? it will work better than our screw lock one. YOu need the adapter too.

nick

Fanotec
  6. Re: Arca Style Quick Release Clamp

So you're saying that I need to use my RRS lever QR + New Thin Arcastyle Clamp + Camera Mounting Plate?

Danai
  7. Re: Arca Style Quick Release Clamp

Quote Originally Posted by dchutinaton View Post
    So...I was just looking at the Arca Style Quick Release Clamp available as an accessory for the NN5. I know it says not recommended for the NN3 and I'm wondering what the reason for that is. I have the NN3 MkII that I use with the Nikon D200 and 10.5 Nikkor DX fisheye lens. I have an RRS L-Bracket. Its really a pain for me to switch back and forth between the NN3 Camera plate and my L-Bracket when in the field. Anyone know if its possible to use the Arca Style Quick Release Clamp?

Danai
    i use Velbon's:

i use 2 piece so i can switch back and forth as in with NN3, without NN3 to take normal shots with tripod quickly. The full article is here > http://tinyurl.com/58dhac
  8. Re: Arca Style Quick Release Clamp

Users Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by dchutinaton View Post
    So you're saying that I need to use my RRS lever QR + New Thin Arcastyle Clamp + Camera Mounting Plate?

Danai
    the lever clamp is preferred over the screw knob clamp because of limited clearance from the rail when a thin adapter is used. You only need one clamp + thin adapter plate. The thin adapter plate replaces the camera mounting plate. In fact the adapter is stripped down version of the camera mounting plate.

nick

Fanotec
  9. Re: Arca Style Quick Release Clamp

Is the thin plate adapter in production yet?
  10. Re: Arca Style Quick Release Clamp

Users Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by pdesmidt View Post
    Is the thin plate adapter in production yet?
    yes, almost ready. Time flies. I have been too busy.
    nick

Fanotec
  11. Re: Arca Style Quick Release Clamp

I am hoping that you will release the low profile Arca style QR as soon as possible. I could use it for an upcoming trip but your staff say that it now will not be avaible until late this year.

BTW, it would be nice if an extension capability was available. Like you suggest using the T20 to extend the rail, why not build some extension into the low profile clamp?

12. Re: Arca Style Quick Release Clamp

Users Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by jonnyz2 View Post
    I am hoping that you will release the low profile Arca style QR as soon as possible. I could use it for an upcoming trip but your staff say that it now will not be avaible until late this year.

BTW, it would be nice if an extension capability was available. Like you suggest using the T20 to extend the rail, why not build some extension into the low profile clamp?

I have an economical QR coming. It has some extension capability. It also support tripod socket off-set up to 40mm.

Fanotec
+ Reply to Thread