*****Naming Contest for Next Generation Nodal Ninja's*****
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: *****Naming Contest for Next Generation Nodal Ninja's*****

Share/Bookmark
  1. Re: *****Naming Contest for Next Generation Nodal Ninja's*****

Users Country Flag

A further few thought ....
    at least one person has mentioned that Ultimate sounds too final.

My thinking would be that this name is reserved for the top range of nodal ninjas... and that we are just looking for a set of names to go along with a new set of heads to fit in that high quality range.

That is why I think that all the new range should have a common word in them.

Further sets or upgraded sets, could have appropriate names or suffix numbers.

I do not think the year such as 2008 should ever be used, as it fixes them in time and would suggest at later date that they are old models.
    any name should indicate with in the name, what series it belongs to and its purpose or type.

Purpose/type.. Ring.... Series.. master = Ring-Master .... etc. Batch-Master ... Universal-Master

They should also incorporate Nodal Ninja, as has been used in all previous heads, so that they can easily be found in web searches.
    They should be findable if one searches for Nodal Ninja... Ultimate.... ring...batch...universal or any combination... especially when used in combination with panoramas.

As NN sales are very much web based they must be easy to find using already popular or known words in searches.

I do not think words such as professional or precision give much indication as to what they are for or their purpose.

2. Re: *****Naming Contest for Next Generation Nodal Ninja's*****

Users Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Terrywoodenpic View Post

My thinking would be that this name is reserved for the top range of nodal ninjas... and that we are just looking for a set of names to go along with a new set of heads to fit in that high quality range.

That is why I think that all the new range should have a common word in them.
    This will be the last mechanical line of pano heads I will ever develop. All the later models will be just tweaks based on the initial models. The design is modular. Different components can be assembled together to form a pano head or other photographic equipment. For example the coming advanced rotators are members of the new product line. But there can be new advanced rotators in the future.
    That said, I am open to naming suggestions. Nodal Ninja and Fanotec were names given by forum friends. :-) They are excellent.

Nick

Fanotec
    We listen. We try harder.
  3. Re: *****Naming Contest for Next Generation Nodal Ninja's*****

Ultimate... followed by Ultimate-II, Ultimate-III, etc.

Simple names that could build on a base model style.
  4. Re: *****Naming Contest for Next Generation Nodal Ninja's*****

Users Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by nick fan View Post
    This will be the last mechanical line of pano heads I will ever develop. All the later models will be just tweaks based on the initial models. The design is modular. Different components can be assembled together to form a pano head or other photographic equipment. For example the coming advanced rotators are members of the new product line. But there can be new advanced rotators in the future.
    That said, I am open to naming suggestions. Nodal Ninja and Fanotec were names given by forum friends. :-) They are excellent.

Nick
    I was assuming that one day you might introduce an electronic automatic or computer controlled range of heads.

I see Fanotec as the manufacturing/ design name ... which could also develop unrelated products under that banner.
    I also see Nodal Ninja as the Trade name covering all panorama items.
    With that in mind the top quality manual range of heads with interchangeable parts needs a generic or linking name, which it seems to me you are asking for in this thread.

Terry
  5. Re: *****Naming Contest for Next Generation Nodal Ninja's*****

Users Country Flag

I was assuming that one day you might introduce an electronic automatic or computer controlled range of heads.
    if I use the rails and quick release from the Ultimate and just use electronic rotators in stead of mechanical ones, I can call it NN Ultimate Auto or Robot, right? :-)

I want to show that it is a clearly different product line than the current NNs.

The Ultimate can be replaced by Professional, Master etc. what do you think?

nick

Fanotec
  6. Re: *****Naming Contest for Next Generation Nodal Ninja's*****

Users Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Yuv View Post
    The next or the last? Ultimate sounds too final to me. It's Windows Vista Ultimate, but as far as I concerned XP was the Ultimate Windows and I am migrating .

I am sure a few years down the road you will come out with something even better.

My suggestion: call it the Nodal Ninja Elements series.

Quartz, Diamond, or Crystal - Very regular, repeatable structures. Quartz is used to generate clock frequency. Diamond is the more expensive, so I'd leave it for a v2 or v3 (MkII)
    Doesn't Adobe use Elements for elementary model such as Photoshop Elements? As a chemist, I like Diamand, Quartz etc.

nick

Fanotec
  7. Re: *****Naming Contest for Next Generation Nodal Ninja's*****

Users Country Flag

if I use the rails and quick release from the Ultimate and just use electronic rotators in stead of mechanical ones, I can call it NN Ultimate Auto or Robot, right? :-)

I want to show that it is a clearly different product line than the current NNs.

The Ultimate can be replaced by Professional, Master etc. what do you think?

nick
    I am coming to think that Ultimate is turning out to be redundant as part of the actual name.

It could well form part of a description in publicity... such as..... introducing the latest products in our Ultimate range of super quality Panorama equipment .

Then use the chosen range name with the item descriptor..
    Ring-master ..... Batch- Master .....Universal- master...
    Professional-Ring.... works well enough ... but Professional-Batch or professional-Universal don't seem to work so well as series names.

Ultimate-Ring... Ultimate-Batch... and Ultimate-Universal ...Do work quite well and could be added to the choices.

Codes could be NN-RM... NN-BM... NN-UM ... or NN-UR... NN-UB...NN-UU ....These all avoid the NUL Problem.
    Terry
  8. Re: *****Naming Contest for Next Generation Nodal Ninja's*****

Users Country Flag

How about NN Meridian?

Nobody can change a meridian once it's defined. It's not just 'repetitive' but it's FIXED.

Unless you want to go NN3 NN5 NN7 like some Bavarian werks

9. Re: *****Naming Contest for Next Generation Nodal Ninja's*****

Doesn't Adobe use Elements for elementary model such as Photoshop Elements?
    sure - and Honda uses it for a vehicle that stirs quite a lot of attention. Namespaces are inevitably crowded and we must live with neighbors. Neighborhood relationships are an important thing to consider when choosing a name. Who is already using the name and for what? How closely related is the concept you are trying to brand with the concepts already in the namespace? Will this cause confusion? tainting/influence from one brand to the other? Other cross influences? Positive or negative? If you are not comfortable with the neighborhood, don't go there. Similarly, if your new neighbors won't like you, they will let you know (sometimes the harsh way, with a trade mark lawsuit and ensuing complications).

This will be the last mechanical line of pano heads I will ever develop.
    I hope not. I wish you a long and prosperous career in the business. Of course I also look forward for that gravity-defying fully automated and remote controlled Nadir Ninja
  10. Re: *****Naming Contest for Next Generation Nodal Ninja's*****

Hello Nick

The more I think about it the less I like the use of the word 'Ultimate'. To me, including that word indicates that this line will be the last in the development of the Nodal Ninja product range - and having witnessed the product's evolution so far and the items already in the pipeline I very much doubt this will be the case!

Also, in my view you should not use acronyms, other than the already accepted 'NN', on your marketing blurb, except perhaps as order codes on the e-commerce pages, and the names need to be short and snappy and easily remembered, perhaps something as simple as -

Nodal Ninja Pro Batch
    Nodal Ninja Pro Ring
    Nodal Ninja Pro Plus

These could be abbreviated to NN Pro Batch, NN Pro Ring, NN Pro Plus, perhaps with order codes NNPB, NNPR, NNPP.

Or even simpler, just leave out the 'Pro' and name them -

Nodal Ninja Batch
    Nodal Ninja Ring
    Nodal Ninja Plus

Just my two penn'orth.

Regards
    Andrew
  11. Re: *****Naming Contest for Next Generation Nodal Ninja's*****

Users Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Andrew H View Post
    The more I think about it the less I like the use of the word 'Ultimate'. To me, including that word indicates that this line will be the last in the development of the Nodal Ninja product range - and having witnessed the product's evolution so far and the items already in the pipeline I very much doubt this will be the case!
    ok, we can have a vote for naming with and without Ultimate.

nick

Fanotec
  12. Re: *****Naming Contest for Next Generation Nodal Ninja's*****

Users Country Flag

Every one knows what a ring pano bracket is and what it is used for.
    It would be a mistake not to have ring in the title of this one.

Like wise one knows what a universal bracket is for, so this one should include universal with what ever other word.

The only one that some users may not know about, is the one used for batch work using predetermined templates. since these are usually batch work Batch should be the included descriptor, though it could be argued that Template-Master would be as easily understood as say Batch-Master or the like...
    Terry
  13. Re: *****Naming Contest for Next Generation Nodal Ninja's*****

Users Country Flag

hey, after some more thoughts, I now prefer NN xx Master over NN Ultimate xx. Advanced/senior Ninja is Ninja Master, right?

nick

Fanotec
  14. Re: *****Naming Contest for Next Generation Nodal Ninja's*****

I saw another user had my idea partially- well I had it first , until I found another stated it first :blushing:

Silver
    Gold
    Platinum

Then could add

Silver Plus
    Gold Plus
    Platinum Plus

and further

Silver Pro
    Gold Pro
    Platinum Pro

And the other line of thinking, not sure if anone stated before use the common word "Elite" as a Ninja is an elite warrior

so NNE Batch, NNE Portable/Simple, and NNE Versatile/Functional

or just NNElite, NNElite Simple, NNElite Ultimate

EDIT- I just looked back- you had Elite as the last of your list of considerations, Oh well...

NN Batch Master or NN Batch Master Pro Series (v1)
    NN Simply Portable or Ring Master or NN Ring Master Portable Series (v1)
    NN Ultimate Master or Elite Master or NN Ultimate Master Elite Series (v1)
  15. Re: *****Naming Contest for Next Generation Nodal Ninja's*****

Well well well, here are my ideas for the new products.

I give you suggestions for the 3 models, so you can just repeat the names in your head and see which one sounds the best for which product :-)

Nodal Ninja Ultimate Sharp
    Nodal Ninja Ultimate Razor
    Nodal Ninja Ultimate Pivotal
    Nodal Ninja Ultimate Partner
    Nodal Ninja Ultimate Fluidity
    Nodal Ninja Ultimate Logic
    Nodal Ninja Ultimate Centroid
    Nodal Ninja Ultimate Vector
    Nodal Ninja Ultimate Thrill
    Nodal Ninja Ultimate Pointer
    Nodal Ninja Ultimate Arrow
    [s]Nodal Ninja Ultimate Vision[/s]
    Nodal Ninja Ultimate Chrome

Nodal Ninja Ultimate Nirvana
    Nodal Ninja Ultimate Bliss
    Nodal Ninja Ultimate Delight
    Nodal Ninja Ultimate Felicity
    Nodal Ninja Ultimate Satori
    Nodal Ninja Ultimate Noesis
    Nodal Ninja Ultimate Eden
    Nodal Ninja Ultimate Astral

Nodal Ninja Ultimate Omega
    Nodal Ninja Ultimate Legendary

I hope (and don't think) those names weren't already given ;-)