Selling Nodal Ninja on eBay and elsewhere

Welcome to Nodal Ninja Forum

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Selling Nodal Ninja on eBay and elsewhere

Share/Bookmark

Hybrid View

1. Selling Nodal Ninja on eBay and elsewhere

It has become very apparent many people are upgrading to newer heads and listing older Nodal Ninja's on eBay. More often than not these listings yield a winning bid of more than the original price paid and many times even MORE than current retail prices.
    While we always like to see our customers yielding profits in the resale of our products we ask you exercise caution for fear of negative feedback and/or returns.

To the person selling a Nodal Ninja we kindly ask:
    * Please do not take images from our website - they are copyrighted and cannot be used without our permission. Doing so is a direct violation of copyright laws and also against eBay policy.
    * Make mention that warranties are non-transferable.
    * List the exact model you are selling (we have had several).
    * If the model is prior to NN3 to make mention these models are discontinued and replacement parts may not be available.
    If you provide the above information and contact me direct BEFORE posting we may be able to provide additional information to you (i.e. model number, owners manual, as well as additional photos - just ask us).
    In addition, and at a small cost, we "may" be able to provide you with added parts to complete a package or to replace missing or broken items. This only applies to "original" customers that purchased their NN from our website www.nodalninja.com. If selling a NN3 MKII we may allow for transference of warranty but you need to contact me direct and before listing (additional terms do apply).

To the person bidding or buying a Nodal Ninja:
    * Unless otherwise noted (confirm with me) ONLY authorized distributors/resellers "may" offer limited warranties on used units. This should be mentioned in the listing body.
    * If buying from other than an authorized distributor/reseller please realize no warranties are implied.
    * Direct support (phone and/or email) is also not available. We would encourage you to channel product questions directly to our forum: http://www.nodalninja.com/forum
    * Models prior to NN3 to include SPH-1's and SPH-2's have been discontinued and parts for these models may not be available.
    * If you have any questions about a listing please do not hesitate to contact me direct.

New or used we want every Nodal Ninja owner to be pleased with our product. These heads are obviously standing the test of time and have even shown to be a good investment. Some folks, myself included, like having a spare head on hand so these used heads are a great solution. If you post NN on eBay or elsewhere please feel free to post it here as well to help drive added traffic to your listing.

Final Note - we had some units stolen recently and these may appear on eBay. We are trying to stay vigilant to these listings and hope you would report suspicious listings that advertise new and/or unused.

Thank you,

Bill Bailey
    Nodal Ninja
    Director Global Sales and Marketing
    bill[at]nodalninja[dot]com
  2. Re: Selling Nodal Ninja on eBay and elsewhere

>>>>>EBAY CAUTION<<<<<
    AGAIN we have recently learned of a recent eBay listing whereby the person listing the Nodal Ninja used current images from our website which did not accurately depict the actual unit being sold. Turns out the person buying this older NN3 was missing several parts and had thought they were buying the NN3 MKII shown in the picture.

If you sell on eBay please contact us before hand - we will help you with your listing.

If you buy on eBay - please contact us before bidding and we will attempt to discern what model is being listed and provide you with additional information.

thank you
    Bill
  3. Re: Selling Nodal Ninja on eBay and elsewhere

Users Country Flag

I am sure someone has probably asked this but I cant see, do you think it might be possible now that Fanotec could start issuing serial numbers on their products that are etched into the product, this way we could keep track of our products on the forum by hosting a simple database and we enter our details.

Lets face these items are fairly big ticket numbers and we all look after them and when one goes missing and appears on ebay as least some of us might be able to check it. I use eBay all the time on worldwide searches and i have a blanket saved search for Ninja products. With the advent of the ultimate line and its CNC machining its probably relatively easy to achieve this with little expense?

I for one would like to see this. We have something similar on our Fuji Finepix 3d W1 Yahoo forum.

thanks

Neil
  4. Re: Selling Nodal Ninja on eBay and elsewhere

Users Country Flag

While it may be easy to put a serial number on a given part (MAY be easy), the overhead involved in keeping any sort of database up to date might be cost prohibitive. You could end up with different serial numbers for the upper arm, vertical arm, lower arm and rotator all on the same pano head. You then start getting replacement parts, mix and matching parts between your own personal pano heads, warranty replacement, etc... The extra cost for a serial number system may not yield enough benefits to make it worthwhile. Most parts are cast, so it would require some sort of sticker (easily removed) for the serial number. If we ever see black market knock offs of Nodal Ninja products, we may see serial numbers.
  5. Re: Selling Nodal Ninja on eBay and elsewhere

Quote Originally Posted by spiritburner View Post
    I am sure someone has probably asked this but I cant see, do you think it might be possible now that Fanotec could start issuing serial numbers on their products that are etched into the product, this way we could keep track of our products on the forum by hosting a simple database and we enter our details.
    Neil
    That's a great suggestion. I like both parts of the idea.

How many products end up getting major parts replaced, compared to the population that's out there?

Wide-Eyed

Edmonton, Canada, Eh ?
+ Reply to Thread