Less than 15 degree increments

Thread: Less than 15 degree increments

Share/Bookmark
  1. Less than 15 degree increments

Hi,

Just purchased an NN3II. Is it possible to use it at less than 15 degree increments? i.e. pan it without the click stops? 15 degree is too course for my application.

Tony K
  2. Re: Less than 15 degree increments

Quote Originally Posted by Tony_K View Post
    Hi, Just purchased an NN3II. Is it possible to use it at less than 15 degree increments? i.e. pan it without the click stops? 15 degree is too course for my application.
    Tony K
    Hi Tony,
    Welcome to the NN forum and thank you for your purchase.
    NN3 MKII ships with a 15/0 ring installed. All you need to do is unscrew lower rotator to expose ring and reverse it. The reverse side is zero degree stops in affect eliminating any click stops. The reason we include this 0 degree ring is for folks needing less than 15 degree stops. You will of course need to reference the marks on the lower rotator which are in increments of 5 degrees. This will allow for loger focal lengths and assist those doing mosacis.
    Bill
  3. Re: Less than 15 degree increments

Cool, thanks for the reply. I unscrewed the lower rotator as you mentioned. I note the design of the NN3II is different from the illustrations in the manual (assume they apply to NN3mk1). So I couldn't see any detailed instructions on how to perform this operation. Do I need to remove the 2x teflon screws, or just gently level the brass detent plate out? This isn't obvious and I don't want to damage anything. Also, do I need to adjust the tension on the plunger?

Thanks in advance
    Tony K
  4. Re: Less than 15 degree increments

Users Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Tony_K View Post
    Cool, thanks for the reply. I unscrewed the lower rotator as you mentioned. I note the design of the NN3II is different from the illustrations in the manual (assume they apply to NN3mk1). So I couldn't see any detailed instructions on how to perform this operation. Do I need to remove the 2x teflon screws, or just gently level the brass detent plate out? This isn't obvious and I don't want to damage anything. Also, do I need to adjust the tension on the plunger?

Thanks in advance
    Tony K
    you don't need to remove the teflon screws, just pull out the detent using your fingers. It can be tight at the beginning, you can use a coin or a ruler to pull it out. After changing detents a few times, the operation will be much smoother.

nick

nick

Fanotec
    We listen. We try harder.