Tokina 10-17 + Canon 450D on NN3 MKII confirmation needed

Welcome to Nodal Ninja Forum

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Tokina 10-17 + Canon 450D on NN3 MKII confirmation needed

Share/Bookmark

Hybrid View

1. Tokina 10-17 + Canon 450D on NN3 MKII confirmation needed

Hi all, I need a confirmation if Tokina 10-17 + Canon 450D is possible +90 degrees up with corect settings on NPP, i.e. lower rotator won't hit the camera.

thanks,
    Dorin
  2. Re: Tokina 10-17 + Canon 450D on NN3 MKII confirmation needed

Quote Originally Posted by DorinDXN View Post
    Hi all, I need a confirmation if Tokina 10-17 + Canon 450D is possible +90 degrees up with corect settings on NPP, i.e. lower rotator won't hit the camera.
    thanks,
    Dorin
    Hi Dorin,
    While I haven't tested this lens either, and based on the settings of similarly sized cameras, I feel fairly certain that this lens will not allow for full rotation up. To shoot the zenith (up shot) with this lens you will either need to move the camera/lens forward on the upper rail to allow for the full rotation or simply shoot manually. You could also shoot two rows - one row to catch the zenith (top) and one row to catch the nadir (floor). For many this is not a big deal but everyone's specific circumstances do differ.
    NN5L does not have this limitation.

Regards,

Bill
  3. Re: Tokina 10-17 + Canon 450D on NN3 MKII confirmation needed

Thank you for the replies.

I do know couple of shooting techniques to cover the sphere without +90¬? up and to extend the vertical arm using t-dapter or camera plate but I've been asked and while I don't have this combo or at least a 450D camera I thought is better to ask here maybe someone have this combo and I can provide a positive 100% answer.

I do recommended 5L but in one pocket of my knapsack is allways an NN3, yes I wrote right, "pocket" is good to have such good panohead at so small size.

Dorin

+ Reply to Thread