canon lens 16-35 and canon 40D

Welcome to Nodal Ninja Forum

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: canon lens 16-35 and canon 40D

Share/Bookmark
  1. canon lens 16-35 and canon 40D

hello!
    recently I buy a NN5 model and receive last week - and the journey begun :
    see: I'm not a photographer - I'm a Brazilian physician and I'm in love with panorama images [360 and 180¬?]
    *sorry my poor english

in html [camera settings] i don't see settings to lens 16/35 canon and 40D

you can help me?
    BTW ...
    how many shots we need to take a 360 pan with this equipment?

tks to all
    joao barroca

** editing ... i can't see either settings to Canon Fisheye 15mm and 40 D :'(
    [the first consumer of NN in Brasil?]
  2. Re: canon lens 16-35 and canon 40D

Thanks for your reply Aussie Ninja!

In fact I was asking for distance 'A' and 'B' [settings of NN5], but I will change my camera to Canon 5D and use a fisheye Canon 15 mm.

But I try a pan 360 with Canon 5D and sigma fisheye 15 f 2.8 and, really, I need more than 6 shots ... it is normal?
    *I'm learning ...

tks for all
    joao barroca
    ps. in fact my question is if Fanotech have another costumers in Brasil ...
  3. Re: canon lens 16-35 and canon 40D

For the Sigma 15mm on a 5D you do need only 6 shots around for a 360 (together with zenith and nadir shots for a full 360x180). I don't know about the lens cap arrangements on this lens, but if it's like other Sigma fisheye lenses, you may find the answer to your problem in the second half of this thread: http://nodalninja.com/forum/index.php?topic=272.0

As for your query about A and B values, you need not rely on other people's measurements. It's impossible to compile a complete list covering all possible combinations of lenses, cameras, heads and adapters etc. You can determine the values easily yourself by following the link that Aussie Ninja provided or this one: www.johnhpanos.com/epcalib.htm - it takes about 10 minutes.

John
+ Reply to Thread