my first panorama

Thread: my first panorama

Share/Bookmark
  1. my first panorama

Hi guys and gals!

I thought i'd post my very first panorama, except for one of my livingroom trying out my NN5L. It's not very good, if you zoom in on the high resolution copy you can actually see some slight seems. But zoomed out it looks kinda nice.

To tell you a little bit about it. I was out for a walk with my girlfriend a of couple days ago. I insisted on taking my camera and tripod to try to get a shot from a very nice lookout point just two miles from my apartment. The shot shows lake V?§ttern from the city of J??nk??ping in Sweden. The shot is taken in a slightly eastern angle, you can see the sun setting in the east north-east direction.
    The shot is actually almost a full 180 degree but due to risk of landslide i was forced to set up my equipment about 15 feet from the edge and even raising the camera as far as the tripod allows (slightly more than 7 feet i would guess) i caught ALOT of grass, air and even more trees to the far left and right which i cropped for this export.
    The full image is about 250% higher, about 15% wider and in full resolution 25,8mpix. It was stiched using the auto-create feature of ptassembler.

Cheers
  2. Re: my first panorama

Very nice for first attempt - nice and loooong.
    Once you get the workflow down it will become much easier - you'll be taking your gear everywhere.
    Thanks for sharing....
    Bill
  3. Re: my first panorama

This is always the PITA.
    What comes first, the girl/family or the photographic opportunity...
    Nice first pano !
  4. Re: my first panorama

The photo op But, I don't have a girlfriend, I keep spending all of my money on camera gear!

Quote Originally Posted by bigwade View Post
    This is always the PITA.
    What comes first, the girl/family or the photographic opportunity...
    Nice first pano !

--
    Kirk
    Moss Creek Media
    www.MossCreekMedia.com
  5. Re: my first panorama

This morning i had an epiphany and realized that the main problem with this picture is that i only have the settings for 18mm :-) Think this shot would have been alot better if done at 50 or 70mm.

One good thing though, only five minutes away i have a pedestrian bridge going over a 8 lane freeway with lots of nice and high poles for lights. Shouldn't be to hard to find a few suitable for finding the nodal point on every single lens and focal length.

I'll send you my findings when im done.

Cheers