canon 17-40 lens. nn3 or nn5
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: canon 17-40 lens. nn3 or nn5

Share/Bookmark
  1. Re: canon 17-40 lens. nn3 or nn5

For stitching software, you can see what people are using in the poll at http://nodalninja.com/forum/index.php?topic=62.0. For spherical panoramas, Autopano Pro and PTGui are front runners. You can download trial versions of both and decide which suits you best. Depending on how you want to display your panoramas, there are additional packages that may be needed, such as Pano2QTVR, Pano2VR, Flash Panorama Player, Immervision Pure java player, DevalVR etc. But first you need to learn how to produce a 360x180 equirectangular image.

John
  2. Re: canon 17-40 lens. nn3 or nn5

great, thanks John, i will start looking into those asap
  3. Re: canon 17-40 lens. nn3 or nn5

this is compulsive ! im not making much progress but im having a great time trying !
  4. Re: canon 17-40 lens. nn3 or nn5

OK, here we go, this is coming together now. I'm using these settings now
    Canon 20D
    Canon 17-40mm
    40mm
    NN5 w/CP - 49
    upright arm 110
    I'm shooting one shot every click zoomed in at 40mm and every other click for zoomed out at 17, and I'm using the 18 deg N20 dial, can anyone just let me know if this is the correct setup to wrestle with now ? and i really don't understand what the w/CP bit means above ?
    I'm still using my Canon photostitch software while i figure out what software to actually download, thanks, T
    PS, I'm using my 17-40 even though i have borrowed a canon ef 15mm because i really cant get that one very close at all, any ideas ?
  5. Re: canon 17-40 lens. nn3 or nn5

Users Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by surftwisted View Post
    OK, here we go, this is coming together now. I'm using these settings now
    Canon 20D
    Canon 17-40mm
    40mm
    NN5 w/CP - 49
    upright arm 110
    I'm shooting one shot every click zoomed in at 40mm and every other click for zoomed out at 17, and I'm using the 18 deg N20 dial, can anyone just let me know if this is the correct setup to wrestle with now ? and i really don't understand what the w/CP bit means above ?
    the detent setting is correct. w/cp means with camera mounting plate, that is the default configuration.

nick

Fanotec
    We listen. We try harder.
  6. Re: canon 17-40 lens. nn3 or nn5

cheers Nick, and the 15 mm lens, any ideas ?