Lots of people

Welcome to Nodal Ninja Forum

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Lots of people

Share/Bookmark
  1. Lots of people

I was quite surprised I got anything in this at all, with all the people jostling around. I didn't even try to do a full 360¬? so I tried just a cylindrical view and it worked out ok.

The subject: The Glasgow Westend Festival opening parade (trust me, behind all those heads, there is a parade in there somewhere)

http://panocorner.com/qtvr/Glasgow5.html

Ped
  2. Re: Lots of people

People panos are a challenge but you did well Ped - good and level as well.
    I particularly noted the children standing on the Corona Beer sign - at least they didn't have any beer in hand
  3. Re: Lots of people

Unfortunately, I didn't have any beer in hand either :'(
  4. Re: Lots of people

Users Country Flag

Ped,

How do you deal with ghosting due to movement of people at the seams?

nick

Fanotec
    We listen. We try harder.
  5. Re: Lots of people

Users Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Ped View Post
    I was quite surprised I got anything in this at all, with all the people jostling around. I didn't even try to do a full 360¬? so I tried just a cylindrical view and it worked out ok.

The subject: The Glasgow Westend Festival opening parade (trust me, behind all those heads, there is a parade in there somewhere)

http://panocorner.com/qtvr/Glasgow5.html

Ped
    I take it that you shot the parade left to right....as you can see the umbrellas and cube things twice. I have found it is better to shoot against the flow.
    Did you rely on smart blend or take it into photoshop and adjust the masks.
    For me the main interest in this shot is the crowd and that has worked brilliantly.

Terry
  6. Re: Lots of people

Hi Nick and Terry,

I did indeed shoot left to right, to go the other way risks unscrewing my NN3 (with old type rotator) For shooting, I normally go with 10 shots around, this time I went with 20 and after running PtGui I then took out some images that were showing obvious double images of people, and that was that really. There was very little to do afterwards, one guy had a missing foot, another had a broken arm and there was one disembodied hand that didn't seem to belong to anyone, copy and pasted those small problems away and finished. So was just extra images stitched with PTGui and Smartblend.

I did have to change what images were taken out a couple of times, but with that crowd there wasn't that much real movement i.e. not walking or running fast etc most were milling around watching the parade, so were sort of semi static.

Ped

P.S. The cube things are supposed to be tower blocks (high rise flats/apartments).
+ Reply to Thread