SPH-1i + remove tripod adapter.

Welcome to Nodal Ninja Forum

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: SPH-1i + remove tripod adapter.

Share/Bookmark
  1. SPH-1i + remove tripod adapter.

Is it possible to remove the 1/2 to 3/8 tripod adapter from the bottom of the NN? I can't seem to see a way to get it out so I can mount it directly to my tripod head. Am I missing something really obvious here?
  2. Re: SPH-1i + remove tripod adapter.

Users Country Flag

If I remember correctly, NN SPH-1i use a 1/4" socket in the rotator base. You can mount it directly to tripod head with 1/4" thread.
    there is no adapter in the rotator. The "adapter" is part of the rotator axis and can't be removed.

nick

Fanotec
    We listen. We try harder.
  3. Re: SPH-1i + remove tripod adapter.

Thanks for the response. Time to upgrade...
  4. Re: SPH-1i + remove tripod adapter.

Users Country Flag

if the size of Sph-1i still works for you, you can buy our advanced rotator as component upgrade. The advanced rotators are compatible with other NNs.

nick

Fanotec
  5. Re: SPH-1i + remove tripod adapter.

Quote Originally Posted by nick fan View Post
    if the size of Sph-1i still works for you, you can buy our advanced rotator as component upgrade. The advanced rotators are compatible with other NNs.
    nick
    I can confirm that you can indeed use the MKII rotator on older versions of NN including the the first SPH-1. You will need to use some extra teflon washers on top and bottom. Also, and correct me if I am wrong on this Nick, it may be advisable to remove the click ball entirely if using this MKII rotator on older NN's that did not have click stops.
    Bill
  6. Re: SPH-1i + remove tripod adapter.

Users Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Bill Bailey View Post
    I can confirm that you can indeed use the MKII rotator on older versions of NN including the the first SPH-1. You will need to use some extra teflon washers on top and bottom. Also, and correct me if I am wrong on this Nick, it may be advisable to remove the click ball entirely if using this MKII rotator on older NN's that did not have click stops.
    Bill
    I wouldn't recommend NN3II rotator on previous models. The users don't get any benefit from this upgrade. Why not use the money more wisely and get one of the advanced rotators? They are compatible with all NNs, ie money never wasted. They are our best solution.

nick

Fanotec
  7. Re: SPH-1i + remove tripod adapter.

I am saving for the NN3 since my D50/10.5 combo doesn't allow for full upward swing for the Zenith shot. I typically rotate up 60¬? take a picture, then rotate 180¬? and take another picture at 60¬? up. This way I get overlapping Zenith shots and they seem to stitch without a problem.
  8. Re: SPH-1i + remove tripod adapter.

Users Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by 1991Syclone View Post
    I am saving for the NN3
    Great! and you will see how much effort we spent to improve NN. :-)
    Remember we have a trade in program for older NNs.
    Thanks for your long term support again.

nick

Fanotec
+ Reply to Thread