NN5 with 5D plus battery grip

Welcome to Nodal Ninja Forum

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: NN5 with 5D plus battery grip

Share/Bookmark
  1. NN5 with 5D plus battery grip

Hi,

I am an absolute newbie here, but as far as I have seen, this is a quite vivid place to share useful experiences! The NN5L is ordered and expected to arrive at my place beginning of next week.

During my search regarding the exact positioning of the camera on the NN5 I have found this very informative page, where a lot of different equipment is listed:

http://www.nodalninja.com/nodal_ninj..._settings.html

I am planning to use NN5L together with Canon 5D plus battery grip and Sigma 8mm/3,5. On the above mentioned page there are only the positioning data for the NN5 WITHOUT the battery grip listed. So my question now is, does anybody know the exact data for this equipment including the battery grip or do I have to test it out on my own? Thanks for all useful information.

Best regards,
    Jussuff
  2. Re: NN5 with 5D plus battery grip

Users Country Flag

measure the height of the battery grip and add it to the value in the list.
    BTW, is the tripod socket on the grip in line with the lens axis?

nick

Fanotec
    We listen. We try harder.
  3. Re: NN5 with 5D plus battery grip

Just wanted to keep this recommendation in mind when I think about mounting my Nikon D80 with the battery grip. Had not checked the alignment of the battery grip... will have to do that.
  4. Re: NN5 with 5D plus battery grip

Quote Originally Posted by munchmeister View Post
    Just wanted to keep this recommendation in mind when I think about mounting my Nikon D80 with the battery grip. Had not checked the alignment of the battery grip... will have to do that.
    There are no offsets to the Nikon battery grips - only some Canon grips.
    Bill
+ Reply to Thread