Welcome to Nodal Ninja Forum

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: NN3 and Canon 24-105/Sigma 18-200 lens compatibility

Share/Bookmark

Hybrid View

1. NN3 and Canon 24-105/Sigma 18-200 lens compatibility

Hi,

I hope I'm asking this question in the right place

After attempting to take a number of panoramic shots on various holidays, only to be disappointed when trying to stitch them together in PS CS2, I've spent the weekend looking into why things weren't working out. It seems that it's parallax error that's causing me problems. A number of sites I've seen recommend Nodal Ninja and from reviews I've read I'm keen on purchasing one, but have a couple of queries that searching hasn't answered. Hope you don't mind me asking here.

I'm using a Canon 400D body and wonder if the NN3 works with the Canon 25-105 L F4 lens and the Sigma 18-200 lens. I ask as I've read some reviews/comments stating that there is a maximum weight limit and heavy glass or the higher focal lengths can cause issues. Would that be the case for these lenses?

Also, if the planets one day align, I'm hoping to get a 5D body. Would the 24-105 still be OK with the 5D body on the NN3?

The NN5, despite being better is really out of my price range for the moment.

Regards,

Dave

2. Re: NN3 and Canon 24-105/Sigma 18-200 lens compatibility

Welcome to the forums, Dave.

Bill or Nick can best answer your questions on NN capabilities.

For your stitching efforts, you might try other programs. PTGui and Autopano Pro are both good. There are several listed here in Bill's poll:

http://nodalninja.com/forum/index.php?topic=62.0

You can also post some images and let others try to stitch them. This often provides good feedback on what your problem might be. There are many talented members here and over at PanoGuide.

David

3. Re: NN3 and Canon 24-105/Sigma 18-200 lens compatibility

Quote Originally Posted by dhoggan View Post
    Hi, I hope I'm asking this question in the right place
    After attempting to take a number of panoramic shots on various holidays, only to be disappointed when trying to stitch them together in PS CS2, I've spent the weekend looking into why things weren't working out. It seems that it's parallax error that's causing me problems. A number of sites I've seen recommend Nodal Ninja and from reviews I've read I'm keen on purchasing one, but have a couple of queries that searching hasn't answered. Hope you don't mind me asking here.
    I'm using a Canon 400D body and wonder if the NN3 works with the Canon 25-105 L F4 lens and the Sigma 18-200 lens. I ask as I've read some reviews/comments stating that there is a maximum weight limit and heavy glass or the higher focal lengths can cause issues. Would that be the case for these lenses?
    Also, if the planets one day align, I'm hoping to get a 5D body. Would the 24-105 still be OK with the 5D body on the NN3?
    The NN5, despite being better is really out of my price range for the moment.
    Regards, Dave
    Hi Dave,
    These lenses should work using a t-adapter for extended length. We haven't heard back from a user but I would like to think you would be fine with single row or multi-row panos. If it doesn't work send it back and I'll even refund the shipping costs under the circumstances. You can sub the Camera Plate for the t-adapter at no added cost as well (make sure you do this).
    Hope this sounds fair.
    Thanks
    Bill
  4. Re: NN3 and Canon 24-105/Sigma 18-200 lens compatibility

David,

Thanks for the advice on the software. I've been playing around (very briefly) with PTgui and even with very little configuration it seems to have removed the parallax issues that I was having. Indeed, the pano look pretty good, even when viewed at 100% in PS.

So, my first question is what advantages/improvements will the NN3 give me?

Bill,

Thanks for the reply. I also have a Sigma 10-20 that may be worth using and I see form the forums that there may be an issue with this on the 400D body and fitting?

Regards,

Dave
+ Reply to Thread