New Nodal Ninja 3 MkII user. North Wales Panoramas

Welcome to Nodal Ninja Forum

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: New Nodal Ninja 3 MkII user. North Wales Panoramas

Share/Bookmark
  1. Re: New Nodal Ninja 3 MkII user. North Wales Panoramas

That looks fine, though you need to manage the horizon better in order to get it level. I assume it was flat and level in the original panorama image.

John
  2. Re: New Nodal Ninja 3 MkII user. North Wales Panoramas

Quote Originally Posted by John Houghton View Post
    That looks fine, though you need to manage the horizon better in order to get it level. I assume it was flat and level in the original panorama image.

John
    Nah John it was naturally curved It is something I'm struggling to fix at the moment because the images are a single row panorama so rectilinear ? and I can't find the correct command to set the horizon point.

(edit) the horizon is much closer now I was over estimating the vertical field of view
  3. Re: New Nodal Ninja 3 MkII user. North Wales Panoramas

If you use PTGui, there are several ways of levelling the panorama. One way is to do it visually in the Panorama Editor window. Make use of the fact that the line of the horizon should be flat and run straight across the centre of the output area. You can click on the "Edit entire panorama" icon and drag the panorama into the required position. Rotate by dragging with the right mouse button held down.

The fact that it is a single row stitch does not mean that the panorama will necessarily be rectilinear. For a wide angle view (>100 degrees, say) you would use cylindrical or equirectangular projection.

John
  4. Re: New Nodal Ninja 3 MkII user. North Wales Panoramas

Quote Originally Posted by John Houghton View Post
    If you use PTGui, there are several ways of levelling the panorama. One way is to do it visually in the Panorama Editor window. Make use of the fact that the line of the horizon should be flat and run straight across the centre of the output area. You can click on the "Edit entire panorama" icon and drag the panorama into the required position. Rotate by dragging with the right mouse button held down.

The fact that it is a single row stitch does not mean that the panorama will necessarily be rectilinear. For a wide angle view (>100 degrees, say) you would use cylindrical or equirectangular projection.

John
    The horizon on the stitched image is dead straight in PTGui but is above the horizontal centreline of the photograph as the camera was tilted a few degrees downwards deliberately to take the horizon away from the centre as it improves the composition, imo shooting with the camera truly horizontal just cuts an image in half with the horizon and it doesn't look nice to me at all. I've adjusted the vertical FoV on the flash player to remove most of the curvature so it should look better.

I think I am inclined to stay with the FPP Flash player for my site as it does allow the full screen view and is relatively easy to program.
  5. Re: New Nodal Ninja 3 MkII user. North Wales Panoramas

Kev, It doesn't matter whether you tilt the camera up or down when you take the photos. Either way, the horizon will be flat and level when it is half way down the output area. If you tilted the camera up, there will therefore be a blank area at the bottom of the output panorama that will need to be cropped away in Photoshop. V8 of PTGui (expected in the next few weeks) will have a new cropping feature on the Panorama Editor window so you can do the crop before stitching).

John
  6. Re: New Nodal Ninja 3 MkII user. North Wales Panoramas

I will be interested in seeing what the v8 has to offer One of the nicer features of Panorama factory was the auto crop not that it takes any time in CS3 to crop the image manually lol. I will keep on learning.

Thank you for your input John it's appreciated
+ Reply to Thread