NN5 or NN3?

Welcome to Nodal Ninja Forum

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: NN5 or NN3?

Share/Bookmark
  1. NN5 or NN3?

Mennaut

Hi all,

I'm a novice to panorama picture shooting. So far I used manual shots and stitched them together. Easy.

Since this picture a lot has changed. I bought a Velbon Sherpa 750R tripod and now my pictures improved... until I discovered that I'd better use a panohead. Searching the web I found the Nodal Ninja's to give the best price-quality relation and I'm thinking of buying an NN. The only thing I ask myself is whether I should buy an NN3 or an NN5. I have the following equipment: Canon 30D, Sigma 10-20mm, Sigma 18-200mm. Can anyone advice me?

Cheers
    Dennis
  2. Re: NN5 or NN3?

Users Country Flag

hi Dennis,

NN3II with T-adapter will work for your gear.you may not be able to take a zenith shot. of course, NN5 will work even better and allow you to take zenith shot and use bigger lens and battery grip.

nick

Fanotec
    We listen. We try harder.
  3. Re: NN5 or NN3?

Mennaut

Dear Nick,

Thank you for your quick response. I'll definitely go for the NN3, however do I really need a T-adapter too? I thought I would not need one because the screw on the camera is in line with the lens. Am I correct or am I wrong? What do I need the T-adapter for in that case?

Greetz
    Dennis
  4. Re: NN5 or NN3?

Quote Originally Posted by Mennaut View Post
    Dear Nick, Thank you for your quick response. I'll definitely go for the NN3, however do I really need a T-adapter too? I thought I would not need one because the screw on the camera is in line with the lens. Am I correct or am I wrong? What do I need the T-adapter for in that case? Greetz Dennis
    Hi Dennis, Actually Nick made a slight error - you will not need the t-adapter for your Canon camera assuming you will not use the battery grip. If using a battery grip some some Canon grips do have an offset in which case you would need a t-adapter and should go with the NN5L.
    Thanks
    Bill
  5. Re: NN5 or NN3?

Users Country Flag

hey,
    Billl is right. I thought your set up would need extention for the upper rail. I check the database.
    http://nodalninja.com/nodal_ninja_3_..._settings.html
    no T-adapter needed. the max adjustment on NN3 upper rail is 107mm.

nick

Fanotec
    We listen. We try harder.
  6. Re: NN5 or NN3?

Mennaut

Dear Nick and Bill,

Thank you for your help; very useful.

Greetz
    Dennis
+ Reply to Thread