New NN3+ - having problems and need help

Thread: New NN3+ - having problems and need help

Share/Bookmark
  1. New NN3+ - having problems and need help

flominton

I just received my new NN3+MKII. It is a nice piece of gear!
    I have two cameras: Canon EOS Rebel 300D with 18-55 Canon lens and Nikon Coolpix 8800.
    I tried the NN3 with the Canon first. I used the suggested settings on the NN site. The results were ok, but there was still a slight parallax when I did a 360. I also dont like having to tkae two rows to get a wide enough view (looks like I need the Sigma 8mm...)
    I would like to try the Coolpix, as it has a wider wide angle, but here's the problem. There are no settings anywhere for this camera and the entrance pupil dbase listed on nodalninja.com is missing the L1 (tripod mount length) numbers.

Do I HAVE to have the T Bracket in order to make the coolpix 8800 work? If so I will order it, but then I will still need some settings - does anyone have any setting for the Coolpix 8800 - with or without the T Bracket?
    Thanks!
    Flo
  2. Re: New NN3+ - having problems and need help

Flominton,

The T bracket answer depend of how is your Coolpix. If your camera have tripod mounts off center from barrel of lens ... answer is yes, you need it.
    About the nodal point, it's not so hard to determine. You'll find all explanations and video you need here : http://www.nodalninja.com/nodal_ninja_user_manual.html
    But be sure to do your setup keeping same focal and opening

PEP
  3. Re: New NN3+ - having problems and need help

i found the fastest way and quikest for me to get the noodle point is carry a piece of string and tie your keys to it and hang in the centre line of your lens and adjust till its central on your tripod from both sides usually this is close enough for me good luck
  4. Re: New NN3+ - having problems and need help

Users Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by IgoNodaLBoiNG View Post
    i found the fastest way and quikest for me to get the noodle point is carry a piece of string and tie your keys to it and hang in the centre line of your lens and adjust till its central on your tripod from both sides usually this is close enough for me good luck
    All you may find that way is the vertical centre line of the lens. Not even a nooodle point...

5. Re: New NN3+ - having problems and need help

works fine for what i need and fast and stuff so whats your recomendation
  6. Re: New NN3+ - having problems and need help

Quote Originally Posted by flominton View Post
    I just received my new NN3+MKII. It is a nice piece of gear!
    I have two cameras: Canon EOS Rebel 300D with 18-55 Canon lens and Nikon Coolpix 8800.
    I tried the NN3 with the Canon first. I used the suggested settings on the NN site. The results were ok, but there was still a slight parallax when I did a 360. I also dont like having to tkae two rows to get a wide enough view (looks like I need the Sigma 8mm...)
    I would like to try the Coolpix, as it has a wider wide angle, but here's the problem. There are no settings anywhere for this camera and the entrance pupil dbase listed on nodalninja.com is missing the L1 (tripod mount length) numbers.

Do I HAVE to have the T Bracket in order to make the coolpix 8800 work? If so I will order it, but then I will still need some settings - does anyone have any setting for the Coolpix 8800 - with or without the T Bracket?
    Thanks!
    Flo
    Hi Flo,
    The Rebel 300D with 18-55 Canon lens will work fine for single row and multi-row panos. If you are having stitching problems we need to confirm if first you have the correct settings and second if you are using the stitching software correctly. The manual gives advice on how to find the entrance pupil of a lens and as Aussie Ninja said it is best you learn how do this yourself because once learned it is actually easy and fast.
    Granted this isn't a popular pano lens and will require a bit more work (shooting and processing) to produce panoramas. The 8mm will certainly cut the work flow substantially.

The CP8800 does have an offset so you do need a t-adapter but you will still need to take a few shoots as I believe the widest focal length is 28mm on that camera.
    Touches bases with me off site bill[at]nodalninja[dot]com and I will send you one at no charge if you like (since you just bought the package and forgot to include it).

Let me know how you go on all this - we want to see you up and running at full speed.
    Thanks
    Bill