New Fanotec Arca style Quick Release Clamps

Thread: New Fanotec Arca style Quick Release Clamps

Share/Bookmark
  1. New Fanotec Arca style Quick Release Clamps

Nick has just made available the new Arca compatible Quick Release Clamp.
    Here are some photos:
    http://nodalninja.com/arca_style_qui...ase_clamp.html.
    Nice little inexpensive addition to the lineup of growing products.
    Current price = $39.95
    Bill
  2. Re: New Fanotec Arca style Quick Release Clamps

The clamp looks great! Almost identical to the original arca swiss clamp and for $40 almost for free
    But I have one question abou the last product picture (ASQRC1_CPA1024.jpg). Shouldn't the plate mounted the other way around to the clamp in the picture?
    (The clamp will be attached to the upper arm and the plate will be mounted to the camera.)
    Whats nice is the stop level at the clamp!
  3. Re: New Fanotec Arca style Quick Release Clamps

Users Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by J?ºrgen View Post
    But I have one question abou the last product picture (ASQRC1_CPA1024.jpg). Shouldn't the plate mounted the other way around to the clamp in the picture?
    (The clamp will be attached to the upper arm and the plate will be mounted to the camera.)
    Whats nice is the stop level at the clamp!
    the NN5 camera mounting plate now acts as an adapter for the QR clamp. THe QR plate is still under production. The plate will match with the safety stops so that positioning of the QR plate is reproducible every time.
    BTW, the lever stops are indexed at open and closed positions. The clamp is compatible with Arca Swiss styled plates and L-brackets.

Nick

Fanotec
    We listen. We try harder.
  4. Re: New Fanotec Arca style Quick Release Clamps

Thanks for the answer. Wasn't that clear to me from the picture.
    I think the most important part is to have an easy working stop at the clamp.
    I use a arca swiss clamp without a stop (see http://nodalninja.com/forum/index.php?topic=63.0).
    because I haven't found one yet with a flat base and level stop.

Viele Gr?º?üe
    J?ºrgen
  5. Re: New Fanotec Arca style Quick Release Clamps

Are these available in the UK? Red Door only list the Manfrotto style ones.

I'm so clumsy I need a QR badly but the though of another system makes me shiver (cameras have Kirk Arca compatile L brackets on - possibly the best invention ever)

This would save me having to get some Araldite out......
  6. Re: New Fanotec Arca style Quick Release Clamps

Quote Originally Posted by Jonathan View Post
    Are these available in the UK? Red Door only list the Manfrotto style ones.
    I'm so clumsy I need a QR badly but the though of another system makes me shiver (cameras have Kirk Arca compatile L brackets on - possibly the best invention ever)
    This would save me having to get some Araldite out......
    Hi Jonathan,
    Please contact your local reseller for availability. They generally order based on consumer needs so it's important you ask them to stock these items. Also some resellers may have a unit or two lying around and not posted on the website.
    thx
    Bill
  7. Re: New Fanotec Arca style Quick Release Clamps

Apparently you have discontinued them :'(
  8. Re: New Fanotec Arca style Quick Release Clamps

Users Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Jonathan View Post
    Apparently you have discontinued them :'(
    We are making a new clamp which fits NN3/5 natively.

Nick

Fanotec
  9. Re: New Fanotec Arca style Quick Release Clamps

I have some questions on the combination of NN3 MkII and arca swiss clamp ASQRC1:

- Does these both parts work well together? Or a NN5 is needed to use the clamp? (for a Nikon d300 and a 12-24 nikkor)
    - Do I need a mounting plate N-CP1 with the clamp?
    - Is it possible to use the clamp on the horizontal rail for a ligth pano solution for one row shooting?
    - Can you give us some details on the improvements bringed by the future new clamp? When will it be available?

Thank you

10. Re: New Fanotec Arca style Quick Release Clamps

Users Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by bg1999 View Post
    I have some questions on the combination of NN3 MkII and arca swiss clamp ASQRC1:

- Does these both parts work well together? Or a NN5 is needed to use the clamp? (for a Nikon d300 and a 12-24 nikkor)
    - Do I need a mounting plate N-CP1 with the clamp?
    - Is it possible to use the clamp on the horizontal rail for a ligth pano solution for one row shooting?
    - Can you give us some details on the improvements bringed by the future new clamp? When will it be available?

Thank you

ASQRC1 is discontinued. We are making new clamp which is thinner/ lower profile by using integrated "rail plate". It is contoured to fit upper and lower rails of NNs. It can also be fitted either perpendicular or parallel to the NN rail. So it will fit either camera plate or lens plate.

Nick

Fanotec
  11. Re: New Fanotec Arca style Quick Release Clamps

Quote Originally Posted by nick fan View Post
    ...We are making new clamp which is thinner/ lower profile by using integrated "rail plate". It is contoured to fit upper and lower rails of NNs. It can also be fitted either perpendicular or parallel to the NN rail. So it will fit either camera plate or lens plate.
    Excellent! Just what I've been waiting for. Any estimate for an ETA?

David
  12. Re: New Fanotec Arca style Quick Release Clamps

Users Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by nick fan View Post
    ASQRC1 is discontinued. We are making new clamp which is thinner/ lower profile by using integrated "rail plate". It is contoured to fit upper and lower rails of NNs. It can also be fitted either perpendicular or parallel to the NN rail. So it will fit either camera plate or lens plate.

Nick
    Hmmm, ASQRC2 is still not recommended for NN3? What is the limitation? I am using Canon 30D with Sigma 8mm F3.5.
  13. Re: New Fanotec Arca style Quick Release Clamps

Users Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by psJIM View Post
    Hmmm, ASQRC2 is still not recommended for NN3? What is the limitation? I am using Canon 30D with Sigma 8mm F3.5.
    It works for Sigma 8mm. It may not work for other lens.

nick

Fanotec