Why I bought the NN 3 mkII

Welcome to Nodal Ninja Forum

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Why I bought the NN 3 mkII

Share/Bookmark

Hybrid View

1. Why I bought the NN 3 mkII

I just couldn't bring myself to the nearly $1000 with all the bells. I decided to put together my own. I have the shop with all the tools to do this. I was in the process of ordering materials and some off the shelf parts when I found the NN 3 mkII. I put all my material purchases on hold and did some quick cost analysis.

The result: I can't even buy the materials for an indexed head nodal panoramic head for what I just paid for the NN 3 mkII. Thats not counting what my time is worth to do all the machine work to put one together. For example the Manfrotto 300n indexing head currently sells for $180. Then you need 3 sliding rails and another way to index the upper head for multi-row panographs.

PS I used to do all this in the old days with a tripod with 360 degree markings and a long long long.... time in the darkroom !

Thanks for a great product(NN 3 mkII), digital camera's, and pano software.

I be posting photos soon.

Carl

2. Re: Why I bought the NN 3 mkII

Users Country Flag

hi Carl,

thanks for the order. You know many NN3 users once built their own bracket. They realized this was no longer a viable solution when they got their NN3.
    We made lots of effort to simplify the design while maintaining essential features. Probably NN3II is the best blend of ease of use, functionality, portability and affordability.

nick

Fanotec
    We listen. We try harder.
+ Reply to Thread