NN3 + Nikon D300 + Nikkor 12-24 f4 DX

Welcome to Nodal Ninja Forum

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: NN3 + Nikon D300 + Nikkor 12-24 f4 DX

Share/Bookmark
  1. NN3 + Nikon D300 + Nikkor 12-24 f4 DX

Carlos

I would like to use this setup while I don´t get a 10.5.
    Is anybody using this configuration?
    I am not sure about entrance pupil distance for this lense. Could you share your settings?

Thanks in advance.
  2. Re: NN3 + Nikon D300 + Nikkor 12-24 f4 DX

This table might help: http://www.swissarmyfork.com/lens_table_1.htm . The entrance pupil measurements are given for that lens relative to the sensor plane (marked on the camera by a small circle with a line through it).

John
  3. Re: NN3 + Nikon D300 + Nikkor 12-24 f4 DX

Users Country Flag

From the value in the database, you would need to use T-adapter as extender for the upper rail. Also you won't be able to take a zenith shot on NN3. I would suggest you to get NN5 instead.

nick

Fanotec
    We listen. We try harder.
  4. Re: NN3 + Nikon D300 + Nikkor 12-24 f4 DX

Ok Nick, I am confused. I currently have a Nikon D70 and 12-24 Nikkor lens. Can I use the NN3? I intend to get a D300 and use the same lens, do I need a NN5$
  5. Re: NN3 + Nikon D300 + Nikkor 12-24 f4 DX

Users Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Harvey Cooper View Post
    Ok Nick, I am confused. I currently have a Nikon D70 and 12-24 Nikkor lens. Can I use the NN3? I intend to get a D300 and use the same lens, do I need a NN5$
    if you are happy without zenith shot, NN3 will be fine. It is always recommended to get NN5 for cameras like D200/300 or Canon 5D.

nick

Fanotec
    We listen. We try harder.
  6. Re: NN3 + Nikon D300 + Nikkor 12-24 f4 DX

Carlos

Quote Originally Posted by John Houghton View Post
    This table might help: http://www.swissarmyfork.com/lens_table_1.htm . The entrance pupil measurements are given for that lens relative to the sensor plane (marked on the camera by a small circle with a line through it).

John
    Thank you very much for the link, John. Really useful.

Carlos
  7. Re: NN3 + Nikon D300 + Nikkor 12-24 f4 DX

Carlos

Quote Originally Posted by nick fan View Post
    From the value in the database, you would need to use T-adapter as extender for the upper rail. Also you won't be able to take a zenith shot on NN3. I would suggest you to get NN5 instead.

nick
    Thank you, Nick.
    But I already ordered an received the NN3. So I´ve deceided to go with Nikon 10,5mm 2.8 lens. I bought one today, and can´t wait to test it!

Regards
    Carlos
+ Reply to Thread