Auckland NZ - ANZAC Day 2008

Thread: Auckland NZ - ANZAC Day 2008

Share/Bookmark

Hybrid View

1. Auckland NZ - ANZAC Day 2008

April 25th is ANZAC day in Australia & New Zealand to commemorate the Gallipoli Landings in 1915.

Being a public holiday, we gathered the family together for a day of activities including a tour around the old North Head fortified gun emplacement here in Auckland.

I created this panoramic mosaic with the NN3 Mk1, Sony A100 and KM50mm F1.7. 18 shots (2 rows of 9) stitched in Photoshop CS3.

Cheers, Ewie
  2. Re: Auckland NZ - ANZAC Day 2008

Nice work - looks like CS3 does a good job stitching mosaics with longer focal lengths like this and banding isn't too obvious.
    Bill
  3. Re: Auckland NZ - ANZAC Day 2008

Thanks Bill, yes I have noticed banding with this particular lens at small apertures I've tried Autopano and other programs but so far have never managed to get rid of it completely.

More experimentation required with the lens me thinks!!

Cheers, Ewie
  4. Re: Auckland NZ - ANZAC Day 2008

To eliminate the banding, you need to pre-process the images to correct the darkening at the edges. You might be able to do this with the vignetting correction in the the Adobe RAW converter or Filter-&gtistort->Lens correction. Otherwise, you could make a mask to selectively brighten the edges in Photoshop, possibly based on a photo taken of a blank white sheet of paper. Best to do such adjustments in 16bit mode to avoid posterization banding. The PTGui Pro stitcher has a vignetting correction option, so you could try downloading the trial version of that.

John