Welcome to Nodal Ninja Forum

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4

Thread: NN3 Rotator upgrade

Share/Bookmark
  1. Re: NN3 Rotator upgrade

Hi, Bill!
    Thanks for your sincere reply. Nice
    Anyway I will keep my NN3 as you suggested, but regarding your other suggestion to eventually upgrade to an R1 or R10, with my actual combo they won't work, right?

Regards, Martin
  2. Re: NN3 Rotator upgrade

Quote Originally Posted by mskp View Post
    Hi, Bill!
    Anyway I will keep my NN3 as you suggested, but regarding your other suggestion to eventually upgrade to an R1 or R10, with my actual combo they won't work, right?
    Regards, Martin
    Hey Martin,
    The R1 and R10 requires the use of a dedicated ring clamp which is included with your purchase. Currently we have 3 clamps to choose from when purchasing one of these heads - the Nikon 10.5mm and Sigma 8mm lens both Nikon and Canon mounts. Additional clamps will follow in due time.
    Cheers
    Bill
  3. Re: NN3 Rotator upgrade

Users Country Flag

Hi!
    It's time for the next upgrade. The MKII rotator has worked well and will for a long time for sure, but I'm seduced by the new ones.
    My next step is to get a Rotator R-D4 or Rotator R-D8 as my setup is still a Nikon D80 with a 10.5 lens (6 stops). The R-D4 would be enough, but you never know and some more steps could be usefull for only $20.- of difference in its price.
    Is it worth or should I keep the 20 for a case or any other usefull item?

As with my other orders I will ask my brother in law in Miami to place it as soon as I decide which one to get.

Regards, Martin
    If you want to upgrade to R1/10 in the future, get the R-D4. It has smaller nadir footprint. If not, get the R-D8. You can get higher resolution pano using rectilinear wide angle lens (up to 50mm eq.). This is important if you want to print some of your panos.

NIck

Nick

Fanotec
    We listen. We try harder.
  4. Re: NN3 Rotator upgrade

Users Country Flag

Hi, Bill!

Regards, Martin
    It doesn't work well for indoor pano but works for outdoor pano when you only have sky in the zenith.

NIck

Fanotec
  5. Re: NN3 Rotator upgrade

Hi!
    Thanks for your reply.
    As far as I understood the R1 an/or R10 rotator would not be optimal with my present setup.
    Despite Bill's suggestion (which I thank) I still consider to get one of the prior rotators like the R-D8 or R-D4, in which case I prefer the one with the smaller footprint (D4).
    I've observed that on the store when ordering the R-D8 you will be asked on which NN (3 or 5) one wants to mount the rotator to supply the correct mounting kit. That question is not made when ordering the R-D4. In that case is it the same which NN you have?

Regards, Martin
  6. Re: NN3 Rotator upgrade

Hey Martin,
    Well I believe you would be the first to order an RD4 for the NN3. I just placed the kit option in the store for the R-D4>
    http://store.nodalninja.com/product_p/r-d4.htm
    The R-D4 footprint is a couple mm's larger in diameter than the standard NN3 MKII rotator.
    Also I have a couple RD8 factory irregulars available at a good discounted rate (not listed) - if interested PM me.
    If any of this stuff doesn't work for you you are welcomed to return for full refund.
    cheers
    Bill
  7. Re: NN3 Rotator upgrade

Hi, Bill!
    I have already sent you 2 PM and did not receive any answer. Sorry for my insistence and for using this way, but as you usually reply almost immediately, it comes that I think or suspect that there might be another inconvenience.

Regards, Martin
  8. Re: NN3 Rotator upgrade

Hi Bill,
    I am in the same situation as mskp. I want to upgrade my NN3 (buy in 2007, love tis head ). I think i will buy a R1 or R10 in the futur. So, my problem is: if tomorrow i buy a RD4, it will be correct for my futur RD1-10. But, with my NN3, if i want to make mosaic panos, RD8 or RD16 appear better. So, my question is: RD8 or RD16 will be compatible with RD1-10?

Thanks
    Regards.
  9. Re: NN3 Rotator upgrade

Users Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Grinch View Post
    So, my question is: RD8 or RD16 will be compatible with RD1-10?
    I am making adapter for this purpose.
    But I warn you, this final combo is much heavier and bulkier than an R-D4.

Nick

Fanotec
  10. Re: NN3 Rotator upgrade

Hi Nick,

Thanks for your reply.

I prefer always versatility. I might wait until then before buy a rotator for my NN3. How long can hope to have this new adapter on the store?

Regards.
+ Reply to Thread