Welcome to Nodal Ninja Forum

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: NN3 Rotator upgrade

Share/Bookmark
  1. Re: NN3 Rotator upgrade

Users Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Frate View Post
    One of the things I've always enjoyed about the NodalNinja line is the price point. Is there any thought of creating a line of parts that can be assembled into custom rigs as desired. In this way, one could buy and upgrade as needed/desired/compelled...Well, there might be some psychiatric issues with photo nuts...not me...I can stop anytime I want...honest...

- Dean
    Hi Dean,

It is possible in the future. But we need to learn how to manage it first. Currently most of our effort is to fill in missing pieces in our product lines. We prioritize items/ jobs based on maximum benefit of the community. When a quality affordable pano head was missing, we developped NN1/2/3. After release of NN3, we developped NN5 for those using professional gears. After release of NN5, we developped NN180............

nick

Fanotec
    We listen. We try harder.
  2. Re: NN3 Rotator upgrade

I received an upgraded rotator two days ago and my first impressions are quite positive. It turns smoother, with clicks much more marked than before. Actually I had to tighten the old rotator so much that it would not click at all. We'll see how it performs in the long run but so far so good and worth $50.

zbooy
    http://panoramy.zbooy.pl/
  3. Re: NN3 Rotator upgrade

It was not quite clear to me whether drilling & tapping for the new detent rings would give better performance. If this is the case I can easily do it and it would be worth the extra cost of the new rings.
  4. Re: NN3 Rotator upgrade

Users Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by waters View Post
    It was not quite clear to me whether drilling & tapping for the new detent rings would give better performance. If this is the case I can easily do it and it would be worth the extra cost of the new rings.
    The MKII detent rings are CNC machined to high precision. The shape and size of the detent holes are optimized for the new click ball. So overall precision is improved.

nick

Fanotec
  5. Re: NN3 Rotator upgrade

Nick:
    Can you give me a price on NN3 MkII rings 45,60 20,24 15,18 and the retention pins needed to convert my NN3 to a NN3 MkII?
  6. Re: NN3 Rotator upgrade

Users Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by waters View Post
    Nick:
    Can you give me a price on NN3 MkII rings 45,60 20,24 15,18 and the retention pins needed to convert my NN3 to a NN3 MkII?
    Hi Waters,

Currently, I don't have a package price for the MII detent ring. please contact Bill for a quote. you can get the retention pins for free.

nick

Fanotec
  7. Re: NN3 Rotator upgrade

Hello,

upgrading from NN3 to NN3II with the new rotator is a good deed !
    The difference is amazing !
    Smoother rotation, sharper clicks, easier to adjust, no vibration.
    Much better all round.
    Thanks for this evolution !

Cheers, Pepsi
  8. Re: NN3 Rotator upgrade

Hi! As told in another post I am about to ask my brother in law in Miami to buy the Rotator upgrade for my NN3. Visitng the Nodal Ninja store I saw that the Rotator R-D12 is already been offered. Is it available or only as announced "due mid to late 2008". Sorry for my insistance but I have to take a decision about it as soon as possible.
    Thanks, Martin

9. Re: NN3 Rotator upgrade

Users Country Flag

Hi Martin,

The estimated date of availability of advanced rotators is Aug/ Sep. It is not available yet.
    Curiously, I thought the R-D8 would be the most popular one due to its competitive price. I have put it in higher priority. Why do you like the R-D12? Is it because you plan to make high resolution mosaics?

Nick

Fanotec
  10. Re: NN3 Rotator upgrade

Hi, Nick! Thanks for your answer. So I have to go with the Rotator upgrade for the moment. I am sure I will buy one of the new ones in a near future. You asked me why the 12 and not the 8 model. Well, in your store they are published with the same price. Now in your product announcements they have a $30 difference, but you never know what you will need in a future and the difference is not so high, so...
    Regards, Martin
  11. Re: NN3 Rotator upgrade

Users Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by mskp View Post
    You asked me why the 12 and not the 8 model. Well, in your store they are published with the same price.
    I guess Bill is still messing with the NEW E-commerce system.

nick

Fanotec
  12. Re: NN3 Rotator upgrade

Because actual pricing and release dates aren't yet an absolute and to lessen confusion I temporarily removed these rotators from the store. Questions are better asked here so Nick can address them direct - so ask away
    thx
    Bill
  13. Re: NN3 Rotator upgrade

Hi, Bill! Thanks and that´s why I did ask here. I have just sent a mail to my brother in law in Miami to ask him to order in my name the Nodal Ninja 3 MKII rotator, the rail stops and a spare NN3 45/60 degree click stop reversible detent ring.
    Regards, Martin
  14. Re: NN3 Rotator upgrade

Hi!
    It's time for the next upgrade. The MKII rotator has worked well and will for a long time for sure, but I'm seduced by the new ones.
    My next step is to get a Rotator R-D4 or Rotator R-D8 as my setup is still a Nikon D80 with a 10.5 lens (6 stops). The R-D4 would be enough, but you never know and some more steps could be usefull for only $20.- of difference in its price.
    Is it worth or should I keep the 20 for a case or any other usefull item?

As with my other orders I will ask my brother in law in Miami to place it as soon as I decide which one to get.

Regards, Martin
  15. Re: NN3 Rotator upgrade

Quote Originally Posted by mskp View Post
    Hi!
    It's time for the next upgrade. The MKII rotator has worked well and will for a long time for sure, but I'm seduced by the new ones.
    My next step is to get a Rotator R-D4 or Rotator R-D8 as my setup is still a Nikon D80 with a 10.5 lens (6 stops). The R-D4 would be enough, but you never know and some more steps could be usefull for only $20.- of difference in its price.
    Is it worth or should I keep the 20 for a case or any other usefull item?
    As with my other orders I will ask my brother in law in Miami to place it as soon as I decide which one to get.
    Regards, Martin
    Hi Martin,
    IMO keep what you have - no sense in fixing what works. Save your money and consider the next upgrade to an R1 or R10. You could resell your NN3 MKII or keep as a second.
    Cheers
    Bill
+ Reply to Thread