Stitching software

View Poll Results: POLL - What stitching software do you use?

Voters
415. You may not vote on this poll
  • PTGui

190 45.78%
  • Easypano

14 3.37%
  • Realviz

18 4.34%
  • Hugin

32 7.71%
  • Panorama Factory

15 3.61%
  • Photovista

1 0.24%
  • VR Worx

0 0%
  • PTBatch

1 0.24%
  • PTAssembler

7 1.69%
  • PhotoShop

55 13.25%
  • Autopano / Pro

68 16.39%
  • Calico Panorama

3 0.72%
  • Other

25 6.02%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Stitching software

Share/Bookmark
    Users Country Flag

I used to use autopano giga and found it worked really well until quite recently i was having to stitch shots where the camera was very close to objects such as railings, bars and i was getting awful stitching errors, i put it down to my settings on the lens rail and then after having a chat with Trausti i tried PT Gui which after a short learning curve found that it stitched these previous shots perfectly so i have to admit I am now a convert after two years on autopano giga!

I use a tool box of different software. I use different tools for different tasks.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Compari...g_applications
  3. What's the difference between PTGui Pro and Hugin?

I'm a newbie to NN. I've been using Hugin for a while on a Panosaurus. I see here that the vast majority of people use PTGui.

Why? I'm not a troll starting a flame war, just a newbie. I thought that PT and Hugin were only front-ends and used the same back-end tools. So why spend $250 for PTGui Pro?

Quote Originally Posted by foto-biz View Post
    I'm a newbie to NN. I've been using Hugin for a while on a Panosaurus. I see here that the vast majority of people use PTGui.
    Why? I'm not a troll starting a flame war, just a newbie. I thought that PT and Hugin were only front-ends and used the same back-end tools. So why spend $250 for PTGui Pro?
    Best answer would be to use the trial version to test out to see if cost is justified based on the tools you use for each.
    Bill

Quote Originally Posted by Bill Bailey View Post
    Best answer would be to use the trial version to test out to see if cost is justified based on the tools you use for each.
    Bill
    Not really.

1. The 30 days is only good if you know what you are doing and what to look for. I don't know. Right now, I'm doing pano + fused stacks, and Hugin does OK. I'm sure that almost all other software can do the basics. What about the other advanced scenarios (that I can't think about right now, but will learn later)?
    2. Now if it was 90 days, I would be able to do enough trial and errors to figure out what I should be looking for.

That's why I was asking.

myself I don't use all tools available with PTGui so not qualified to really say. Try googling "PTGUI vs HUGIN" you find some good threads from those more in the know.