EZ-Leveler Question

Thread: EZ-Leveler Question

Share/Bookmark

Hybrid View

1. EZ-Leveler Question

jldt706

I recently got my NN3 MKII...love it compaired to what I had before (the Panosaurus)! It has been a great addition to my camera bag of tricks.

My primary use for the NN3 MKII is for mosaic images pano's. I have a bit of trouble get things perfectly level before shotting, so I was thinking about gettin the EZ-Leveler.

Has anybody used this item? Any experience you care to share?

Anybody know the weight of it?
  2. Re: EZ-Leveler Question

Check this thread:

Topic: Leveling before each shot...
    http://nodalninja.com/forum/index.php?topic=23.0
  3. Re: EZ-Leveler Question

The EZ-Leveler will certainly aid in "fine tuning" your level. You could also use a good ball head mounted on a study tripod. I use the Manfrotto vertical hand grip. If you have wobble in the neck of your tripod (like some hand crank models) consider upgrading it. Also these NN bubble levels are extremely sensitive so a little drift is ok.
    Bill
  4. Re: EZ-Leveler Question

Users Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by jldt706 View Post
    I recently got my NN3 MKII...love it compaired to what I had before (the Panosaurus)! It has been a great addition to my camera bag of tricks.

My primary use for the NN3 MKII is for mosaic images pano's. I have a bit of trouble get things perfectly level before shotting, so I was thinking about gettin the EZ-Leveler.

Has anybody used this item? Any experience you care to share?

Anybody know the weight of it?
    If you have difficulty getting things level. the EZ leveller is about as good as it gets. Remember to only use the bubble on the NN That is what is rotating the camera.
  5. Re: EZ-Leveler Question

jldt706

Looks like I'm getting the EZ-Leveler!
  6. Re: EZ-Leveler Question

I bought the Ezy-Leveler with my NN3 Mk1 and it has not left my tripod since!

I simply interchange my "normal" 3-way head with the NN3 when required. As Bill said, it's best used for fine adjustment.

I typically set my tripod as close to level as possible (by eye) by shortening a leg if needed, and then fine tune with the leveler.

It's a great piece of kit and could only be improved IMO by the addition of a small bubble in one corner.

Cheers, Ewie
  7. Re: EZ-Leveler Question

You won't be dissappointed in the EZ leveler. Using a ball head can be kind of tricky when you have the weight of the camera. The easy leveler device makes leveling things up much easier. I have even put it under the ball head of my tripod.

Neal W.

Equipment being used.....NN3, EZ Leveler, Nikon D50, Sigma 10-20 Other Nikno Glass.