Software recommendations

Welcome to Nodal Ninja Forum

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Software recommendations

Share/Bookmark
  1. Re: Software recommendations

I looked at both PTGui and Auto Pan Pro and went with APP because you can stitch RAW files together. So far (though basically new out of the box or off the server so to speak) it works incredibly well. PS3 would not do what I wanted at all as far as photomerge went.
  2. Re: Software recommendations

Quote Originally Posted by John Houghton View Post
    PTGui V7.8 already has the enfuse option built in.
    John,

PTGui has "enfuse like" option built in, you're right ... but not sure to get the same result with exposure fusion neither exposure correction feature.

PEP
  3. Re: Software recommendations

Users Country Flag

Pt assembler has Tufuse focus and exposure blending and smartblend
  4. Re: Software recommendations

chrisjackson

I use Autopano Pro, I like the results and particularly like the function which scans folders for panoramas.
  5. Re: Software recommendations

As a beginner, I am looking at The PT Gui software and I would like to know which would be the best choice, the standard or the pro? I have downloaded the trial version and I find the software very easy to use. Thanks for any and all advice.
  6. POLL Software recommendations POLL

Just wanted to make mention again we have a poll going on software choices. If you haven't already please stop by and tell us which stitching software you are using. You can vote twice.
    http://nodalninja.com/forum/index.php?topic=62.0

thanks
  7. Re: Software recommendations

Quote Originally Posted by lanky 23 View Post
    As a beginner, I am looking at The PT Gui software and I would like to know which would be the best choice, the standard or the pro? I have downloaded the trial version and I find the software very easy to use. Thanks for any and all advice.
    Many software options are dependent on what type of panorama's you are wanting to produce as well as what type of gear you are using. If you could further your question and let us know what your intentions are and what you are using we can further with better advice.
    thx - and welcome to the forum.
    Bill
  8. Re: Software recommendations

I'm curious too about which stitching software is better. Currently I'm using Hugin and it's OK but I still have to manually place some of the control points which can get time consuming.

I'm using a Nikon D100 (soon to be a D300 ) with a 17-35mm lens and the NN3 and I primarily stitch "little planets".

Does PTgui's software warrant the cost of buying it?
  9. Re: Software recommendations

Bill,
    Since I am just getting into shooting panoramas I want to just do single row landscapes 180 to 360 degree and work my way into VR. My equipment consists of: Nikon D200 with a Tokina 28-70, f2.8 lens, DIY pan head (NNX on my wish list), and a sturdy tripod. Software is Photoshop CS3 and a trial PTGui. Thanks for your input.

lanky 23
  10. Re: Software recommendations

Quote Originally Posted by lanky 23 View Post
    As a beginner, I am looking at The PT Gui software and I would like to know which would be the best choice, the standard or the pro?
    You should find the standard version quite good enough for your purposes. If necessary, you can upgrade to the pro version later by paying slightly more than the difference in cost of the two, so you wouldn't be too much out of pocket.

John
  11. Re: Software recommendations

John, Thanks for your input.

Lanky
  12. Re: Software recommendations

There's no contest. PTGui Pro! It will even perfectly stitch quick hand held images without a tripod.
    The new HDR feature works great.
    On special projects, I may first combine the bracketed images in Photomatrix Pro for HDR, and then stitch the resulting images in PTGui. Although PTGui does a great job on HDR in it's own right.
  13. Re: Software recommendations

Quote Originally Posted by sbalsen View Post
    There's no contest. PTGui Pro! It will even perfectly stitch quick hand held images without a tripod.
    While PTGui Pro can perfectly stitch some hand held images, it doesn't claim to perfectly stitch any and all images that you care to throw at it.

John
  14. Re: Software recommendations

I'm new to this and am just now researching which tools I want to try first. After lots of research, I've decided the NN5 looks perfect for what I want to do. I still am uncertain about the software. Has anybody been using Hugin for long? I am curious to know if it is constantly being improved, or if it is rather stagnant.
  15. Re: Software recommendations

One of the reason I chose PTgui simply because it has an option to select mutiple temp folder. My temp folder is first a ramdisk then a phyiscal raid 0 of a pair of WD 10K 36G hardisk. If I could afford a workstation type computer of 32 G of ram or more, or I could also assign 20 G plus memory to the ramdisk, I will ttry Hugin since it is free. Stiching consume lots of scratch disk, and ramdisk is of the highest speed of disk. However, I can only assign 4G of memory to ramdisk from my total 8 G memory, so a multiple temp folder option of ptgui is great.
+ Reply to Thread