NN Mini:confused1:

Welcome to Nodal Ninja Forum

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: NN Mini:confused1:

Share/Bookmark

Hybrid View

1. NN Mini:confused1:

How's the NN Mini coming along. It would be great to have an NN mini for compact/point and shoots. Some of the P&S are really sophisticated now. Like the Sigma DP1 or the Ricoh DR's and my little Fuji e900. And that class of P&S are really easy to carry around on treks in the woods....

2. Re: NN Mini:confused1:

We do have an option where you can purchase only the lower rail assembly. This is handy for single row panos with half the weight, half the size and at half the price. We're currently of of stock but hope to have this item back up very soon.
    Thanks
    Bill
  3. Re: NN Mini:confused1:

No, I was thinking of a fully capable NN3 but smaller and lighter. And with a built in capability for the stupid offset tripod screw. Still have to do the zenith and nadir somehow. At least for the stuff I eventually want to get around to doing someday...

And another thing that would be a real bonus would be a bracket for a cable shutter release. Most P&S don't have a remote control facility so a simple cable release would be a real help. I know about the timer. Its a real pain...

4. Re: NN Mini:confused1:

Quote Originally Posted by DemonDuck View Post
    No, I was thinking of a fully capable NN3 but smaller and lighter. And with a built in capability for the stupid offset tripod screw. Still have to do the zenith and nadir somehow. At least for the stuff I eventually want to get around to doing someday...

And another thing that would be a real bonus would be a bracket for a cable shutter release. Most P&S don't have a remote control facility so a simple cable release would be a real help. I know about the timer. Its a real pain...
    Nick is always listening - thanks for the feedback.
  5. Re: NN Mini:confused1:

Users Country Flag

How's the NN Mini coming along. It would be great to have an NN mini for compact/point and shoots. Some of the P&S are really sophisticated now. Like the Sigma DP1 or the Ricoh DR's and my little Fuji e900. And that class of P&S are really easy to carry around on treks in the woods....

I am thinking of this too. But I am not sure there is a large enough demand for it. NN3II will serve these DCs well. what we can do is to make some by CNC machining. But they will be more costly to make.

nick

Fanotec
    We listen. We try harder.
  6. Re: NN Mini:confused1:

The idea is to pay less money -- not more. : Custom made stuff is *WAY* out of my budget.

P&S's weigh less than a pound -- way less. You could probably use some kind of plastic.

But don't lose the idea of a bracket for a shutter cable release. That is really important.

http://www.srb-griturn.com/cable-rel...led-1215-p.asp

Something like that but integrated into the NN Mini.

Well, I can dream can't I?
  7. Re: NN Mini:confused1:

Users Country Flag

The idea is to pay less money -- not more. : Custom made stuff is *WAY* out of my budget.

P&S's weigh less than a pound -- way less. You could probably use some kind of plastic.

But don't lose the idea of a bracket for a shutter cable release. That is really important.

http://www.srb-griturn.com/cable-rel...led-1215-p.asp

Something like that but integrated into the NN Mini.

Well, I can dream can't I?
    Pano head is not a popular item. The per unit cost is high. We need to sell significant quantity in order to keep the per unit price low. NN3 is just about 500g, which is quite light already. Plus you keep the upgrade pathway open.
    Anyway, I will keep this option open. The DC market has become too dynamic. One camera is in and 3 months later, it is out.

nick

Fanotec
  8. Re: NN Mini:confused1:

Users Country Flag

BTW, what price point are you thinking? there is chance a dream come true.

nick

Fanotec
  9. Re: NN Mini:confused1:

RE: price point.

The current price for your used NN3's is reasonable considering what you get.

But if you can figure out a way to make it cheaper -- well so much the better.

And it has to have the three axis adjustments just because the DC market
    is so volatile...

Plus the cable release bracket
  10. Re: NN Mini:confused1:

Users Country Flag

also, you mean a pano head for the bare lens without converter, right? Do you intent to make cylindrical pano or spherical pano?
    I was thinking of an advanced custom bracket for dedicated camera. by using a template, a pano can be generated easily.

nick

Fanotec
  11. Re: NN Mini:confused1:

I have a pipe clamp that fits the extension tube of my camera and that screws onto my monopod and I have an old Kadian Qiwi that also does cylindricals. But it weighs about 5 pounds.

I can make pretty good cylindricals right now with what I have. I'm trying to tool up for sphericals with a fisheye and (eventually) some version of NN.

I know what you mean by a dedicated bracket. You said it -- cameras last about a year. Then what? An NN typ head is really the preferred solution -- but for point and shoot's.
  12. Re: NN Mini:confused1:

Users Country Flag

I can make pretty good cylindricals right now with what I have. I'm trying to tool up for sphericals with a fisheye and (eventually) some version of NN.

I know what you mean by a dedicated bracket. You said it -- cameras last about a year. Then what? An NN typ head is really the preferred solution -- but for point and shoot's.
    the pano head can't be compact if you use a fisheye converter. The converter is bigger than most PS DCs.
    there are some fine PS DCs in the market. I don't think people will throw them away just because they are 1-2 yrs old. Or should they?

nick

Fanotec
  13. Re: NN Mini:confused1:

I've never touched a fisheye lens so I don't know how big they are. I'm shopping for a Nikon FC-e8 or e9 on eBay. Lota people want them. Some pay more than new price.

And I love my little Fuji e550 and e900. Great little cameras that you can get for less than 100 bucks on eBay.

So there's where I'm at. An NN Mini would be nice but I'll settle for an NN3 -- someday.

Build a cable release bracket that integrates with your NN.....
  14. Re: NN Mini:confused1:

Users Country Flag

I am not sure that another NN3 is needed.

But perhaps alternative arms could be available.
    If I am going out with a compact a smaller unit would be useful.
    Perhaps you could offer different length arms as alternative spare parts.
    The difficulty as I see it is the Vertical rotator it does not detach as easily as the main one.( nor at the moment does it need to.)

If you were to sell a smaller units complete, I would have thought you would only need to offer a single detent of choice; and may be a cloth bag with sewn compartments... a sort of inexpensive rollup. ( I do that anyway, It fits a bag easier)
    The Total Price should be similar to a NN3ll kit... minus any extras.

This way round they could purchase the standard arms and more detents as a later upgrade.

Upgrade paths are very good for sales and the user.
  15. Re: NN Mini:confused1:

Cheaper -- smaller -- lighter... would be better for compacts and there are some really good compacts. And the very small DSLR's like the new Olympus e420.

Personally, I probably won't ever own a large DSLR. They are more complicated than I need. My needs are simple.

The NN3 is probably overkill for those kind of cameras but it would work.
+ Reply to Thread