NODAL NINJA GIVEAWAY - OVER $10,000 IN PRIZES
Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: NODAL NINJA GIVEAWAY - OVER $10,000 IN PRIZES

Share/Bookmark
  1. Re: NODAL NINJA GIVEAWAY - OVER $3000 IN PRIZES

Hi photosbykev,
    Appreciate the feedback. Nodal Ninja will certainly last you for many years.
    When shooting at longer focal lengths or when you desire less than 15 degree increments simply use the 0 degree side of the 15/0 ring (included as default ring in all NN3 MKII's). In this manner you can reference the 5 degree demarcations on the lower rotator. Can you send a photo of the mod you are speaking?
    Thanks Bill
  2. Re: NODAL NINJA GIVEAWAY - OVER $3000 IN PRIZES

Users Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by photosbykev View Post
    I'm very new to panoramic photography although I've been taking photographs for well over 30 years. After reading up on the various panoramic heads I eventually went for the NN 3 MkII thinking "it would do as a starter". I was wrong, it will last me a life time lol.

The design concept and engineering that has gone into the bracket is just outstanding. I tend to shoot single row panoramas using wide angle but recently I wanted to use a 50mm len for some very high resolution panoramas and found that there wasn't a suitable indent ring (the largest being n24) BUT if I fitted the second indent pin supplied as a spare with the n15 ring it gives me 30 steps and overlaps nicely with the 50mm lens. I'm not sure if this is the right way to use the 'spare' pin but it works extremely well showing just how versatile the head is.
    Hi Kev,

Thanks a lot for your support and appreciation. You got the early NN3II with dual detent plungers. They were intended to increase the precision of the detent system. It turned out that they actually reduced the precision. They interfere with each other. Dual detent plungers require much higher precision of manufacturing and were abandoned. Nevertheless, you can use NN3II in any creative ways. :-) Your NN3II is one of the few "limited edition" units. ;-)
    IMPORTANT:
    Please refer to this instruction in adjusting the plunger
    http://nodalninja.com/NN3_MKII_Deten...Adjustment.pdf

nick

Fanotec
    We listen. We try harder.
  3. Re: NODAL NINJA GIVEAWAY - OVER $3000 IN PRIZES

The NN3 MkII, as supplied, was only fitted with one of the indent plungers but there was a second one in the small 'spares' bag containing the washers, allen key etc The ring that is threaded to accept the indent plungers was drilled and tapped to accept two of them.

By fitting the 2nd indent plunger and using an indent ring with an odd number of indents you double the number of steps / rotation indicated on the indent ring so the n15 becomes an n30. This is because the indent plungers are alternately working on indents on the opposite side of the disk diagonal as you rotate the head i.e. one plunger is high and one plunger is low (engaged) on each step. Obviously this doesn't work with an even number of indents as both plungers will try to engage in indents on opposite sides of the ring and fight each other.
  4. Re: NODAL NINJA GIVEAWAY - OVER $3000 IN PRIZES

Cool, i just bought my Nodal Ninja 5L today
    VERY happy with it so far (that will not change i think )

I allways used the NN3 but this new version kept screaming for me
    Feels very solid (using a Canon 5D with 24-70 2.8 L which was a bit to heavy for NN3 is my experience) and the first test-results look spot on!!

I'm a happy camper again!
  5. Re: NODAL NINJA GIVEAWAY - OVER $3000 IN PRIZES

Quote Originally Posted by Bill Bailey View Post
    Hi photosbykev,
    Appreciate the feedback. Nodal Ninja will certainly last you for many years.
    When shooting at longer focal lengths or when you desire less than 15 degree increments simply use the 0 degree side of the 15/0 ring (included as default ring in all NN3 MKII's). In this manner you can reference the 5 degree demarcations on the lower rotator. Can you send a photo of the mod you are speaking?
    Thanks Bill
    Thank you for the response Bill, I think I've described the effect of using two indent plungers to nick in response to his query ? If this doesn't cover it let me know and I'll post a snap of it. I was considering using the blank side of the 15/0 ring but I thought of using the two plungers on the n15 ring whilst discussing modifying the blank face of the 15/0 ring to put 30 indents on to it with one of our machinists
  6. Re: NODAL NINJA GIVEAWAY - OVER $3000 IN PRIZES

I have been a photographer for many years and want to give panos/sphericals/ and little planets a go around. Been doing quite a bit of research and this NN5 seems to be the best bang for the buck!
    Unfortunately, they aren't ready yet, so I just cruise by here everyday.... hoping.

In the meantime.. I'm tossing my hat in the ring for a prize.

Thanks all.

Edit: I see morphicx says he bought one today... where may I ask??
    The website tells me out of stock.
  7. Re: NODAL NINJA GIVEAWAY - OVER $3000 IN PRIZES

Quote Originally Posted by NucleusG4 View Post
    I have been a photographer for many years and want to give panos/sphericals/ and little planets a go around. Been doing quite a bit of research and this NN5 seems to be the best bang for the buck!
    Unfortunately, they aren't ready yet, so I just cruise by here everyday.... hoping.
    Thanks all.
    Those placing orders for NN5L's now are scheduled to ship in a couple of weeks. I do have a NN5L demo unit with hardly any signs of wear. If interested touch bases with me [bill[at]nodalninja[dot]com.
    Bill
  8. Re: NODAL NINJA GIVEAWAY - OVER $3000 IN PRIZES

Bill_Papke

Hello Ninja Team

Just recieved my NN3 MKII in the mail today and tried it in my back yard. It worked just fine. Did a panorama in PSElement 6.0 and after a few tweaks got the image I wanted. I am impressed by the quality of the device.
    I have a Nikon D300 with a lens from my D70. I will need to find the N points for it at different focal length settings. I have read the manual and understand the parallax adjust routine, but has anyone already done this for the standard AF 18-70mm Nikkor lens?

Thanks
    Bill Papke
  9. Re: NODAL NINJA GIVEAWAY - OVER $3000 IN PRIZES

Thanks all.

I bought mine at a reseller in the Netherlands
    Canceld my order for a Manfrotto 303 Plus, wich cost the same as a NN5 over here...
    NN5 has much more options than the 303Plus!
  10. Re: NODAL NINJA GIVEAWAY - OVER $3000 IN PRIZES

NN5L has added benefits over 303SPH - the most prominent being precision, weight and size.

[size=7pt](photo courtesy Rosauro Ona)[/size]
  11. Re: NODAL NINJA GIVEAWAY - OVER $3000 IN PRIZES

Thanks all.

Hey there!
    NN5L is in stock now at several resellers shop in Europe.
    Just contact me if you need more information!

Mauro

Mauro Contrafatto
    Customer Service Manager
    cs@nodalninja.com
  12. Re: NODAL NINJA GIVEAWAY - OVER $3000 IN PRIZES

Quote Originally Posted by Mauro Contrafatto View Post
    Hey there!
    NN5L is in stock now at several resellers shop in Europe.
    Just contact me if you need more information!

Mauro

Yeah... but how much is that shipping going to add to my cost?
    It may just be more prudent to wait for the NN5... although I'm about to burst with the anticipation of going off to do this.
  13. Re: NODAL NINJA GIVEAWAY - OVER $3000 IN PRIZES

Good to see a fine product growing over the years.

I started with one of the very first NN3's (no zenit pictures). Today I'm using a 360precision Adjuste for client assignments and the wooden BoBracket with a Canon 5D and the Nikon 10.5 Fisheye on a monopod for fast spherical panos.

But there is alway a small place in the camera bag or in the "rucksack" for the NN3!

14. Re: NODAL NINJA GIVEAWAY - OVER $3000 IN PRIZES

Yeah... but how much is that shipping going to add to my cost?
    It may just be more prudent to wait for the NN5... although I'm about to burst with the anticipation of going off to do this.
    Well, I thought you were from Europe: was I wrong?

NN5 will be out sometimes in July: you may order the NN5L complete package now and then upgrade the upper rotator to NN5 for only the price difference.

Mauro Contrafatto
    Customer Service Manager
    cs@nodalninja.com
  15. Re: NODAL NINJA GIVEAWAY - OVER $3000 IN PRIZES

Good to see the new NN5. I have an older version of the NN but it obviously has limited use with 1 series bodies. Still use it sometimes but would love one that works well with my 1 series bodies

Mike