I've been poking at my Nodal Ninja 5L for several days now. I even pieced together a panorama that is (sort of) four rows of twenty columns (http://schlake.livejournal.com/763516.html). It doesn't compare to Carel Struycken's pictures, but I'm still quite proud of it as a first attempt.

My first question, though, is what is a good lens to use? I have a Canon 1DmkIII (1.3x cropping factor) and a Canon 5D (FFS) available to shoot with. My lenses are a 15mm f/2.8 fisheye, 20mm f/2.8, 50mm f/1.8 plastic, 100mm f/2.8 macro, 200mm f/2.8, and 300mm f/2.8 IS L. The first thing that I noticed is that many of the NN stop plates seem to be for very wide lenses. I would have assumed that the distortion in the wide lenses would be a liability? I made my first multi-row pano with the 50mm, and it turned out ok. I wanted to use my 200mm f/2.8, but there was no ring that caused clicks-stops to happen with overlapping images. I suspect if I buy a tripod collar for it and turn it back to landscape orientation that it would work out for me.

My second question is how would I go about making my NN5L use an Arca Swiss style mounting bracket? I'm quite new to Arca Swiss and have only been using them a day longer than I've had my NN5L.