Difference between NN5 and NN5L

Welcome to Nodal Ninja Forum

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Difference between NN5 and NN5L

Share/Bookmark
  1. Difference between NN5 and NN5L

The only difference between NN5 and NN5 Lite is that NN5 Lite doesn’t have upper rotator stops.
    The NN5, release date expected mid 2008, will have upper arm 15 degree positive stops. These stops will be detachable "on the fly" meaning no tools or disassembly required to remove 15 degree stop feature.
    Owners of NN5L will be allowed a trade-up for an estimated price of $50.
    NN5L stand alone is currently selling for $349.95 while the NN5 with upper arm stops will retail for $50 more ($399.95). Package prices will include more components and sell for a bit more.

Thanks
    Bill
  2. Re: Difference between NN5 and NN5L

yiming

Hi,

Just placed my order a few days back through the Singapore distributor. Was wondering I'm a bit confused with the difference in the NN5 and NN5L with all the description written. Any pictures to illustrate this ?
  3. Re: Difference between NN5 and NN5L

Quote Originally Posted by yiming View Post
    Hi,
    Just placed my order a few days back through the Singapore distributor. Was wondering I'm a bit confused with the difference in the NN5 and NN5L with all the description written. Any pictures to illustrate this ?
    The difference between the two models iis that NN5 Lite doesn’t have upper rotator 15 degree positive click stops. The NN5 due out a bit later will have these upper rotator stops which will be detachable "on the fly". Current owners of NN5L will have the option to trade-up to the NN5 for a small fee.
    For some having the upper arm stops very handy when doing multi-row panoramas. For others upper arm 15 degree stops isn't really needed ifusing longer focal lengths or doing mosaic's.
    We don't have photos yet of the newer upper rotator for NN5. Once they become available we will post them here:
    http://nodalninja.com/nodal_ninja_5_pro_pan_head.html
    Thank you for your order.
    Bill
  4. Re: Difference between NN5 and NN5L

Ok, I realize the NN5L doesn't have the +/- 15 degree detents, but does it have a positive verticle up and down positive lock, as well as the horizontal lock? Thanks.

Donald
  5. Re: Difference between NN5 and NN5L

Quote Originally Posted by Hawkaye View Post
    Ok, I realize the NN5L doesn't have the +/- 15 degree detents, but does it have a positive verticle up and down positive lock, as well as the horizontal lock? Thanks.
    Donald
    Hi Donald, NN5 will have upper arm 15 degree positive stops. This allows for a great deal more weight to be used. Both NN5L and NN5 use the same lower rotator which allows for interchangeable detent rings. You can also lock the lower rotator if you like.
    Hope this answers your questions ok - if not please let me know. thx Bill
  6. Re: Difference between NN5 and NN5L

Bill,

Sorry if I wasn't clear. My uncle uses a 360P, and it has locks for shooting the horizontal 6 shots, and then it locks vertically for the top and bottom shot. I was wondering if the nodal ninja did also, as this makes it much quicker for shooting all 8 shots for each scene... Of course it comes at the cost of just over $1000.... Basically, can you 'feel' when the upper arm is at 0, 90, and 180 degrees? Thanks.

Donald
  7. Re: Difference between NN5 and NN5L

Users Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Hawkaye View Post
    Basically, can you 'feel' when the upper arm is at 0, 90, and 180 degrees? Thanks.
    yes for NN5, no for NN5L. NN5/NN5L is targeted at both groups of users interested in spherical panoramic photography and high resolution mosaic. So the design is very different from 360P.

Nick

Fanotec
    We listen. We try harder.
+ Reply to Thread