i tried yesterday to improve my NPP position,
here are the results...
as you can see, i still have some slightly error when doing a 360*180° (4shots @ -45°, 8 shoots @ 0° and 4 more shots @ 45°); 360_Nadir shot with LRS56 URS100.jpg, however the Saw tooth method was OK (Sawtooth_Nadir shot with LRS56 URS100.jpg)
then i move the URS to 99 and to 96. I see some change but dunno which one is better.
i guess i need to complete a sphere to know.
What do you think?
I"m sorry to bother you, specially when i know i'll remove the Nadir afterward, but just want to be close to the perfection (as we all tend to;))
I suggest you accept 56 as the optimum LRS and adjust URS to eliminate the minor parallax at the horizontal level which is evident in the stitch of the 8 images in yout zip file. Then shoot some real panoramas.
hi john, here we are again, i was off during few months of photo, and now i started again,
i did a pano of my bathroom, and found out some slight shifts (specially on the roof):
today, as a public holiday, i try to adjust again LRS and URS.
for LRS; what i did is took a picture of the NN ring of the tripod (004.jpg) and in photoshop, create 2 line in the center of the image, and the Ring should be at the intersection right ? so my LRS in this case is 62mm. then for the URS, i adjust it the same way as the NN manual (see pics 007, 008.jpg) when overlapping these 2 we can see the skewer doesn't move from the tripod...
SO at his point i thought the NNP was set ...
i did as before (4shots at -60°, 8shots at 0°, 4 shots at 60°) and again ... APP wasn't able to align the 16 pictures (i have a 7D, and shot with a Sigma 10-20mm @10mm):confused1::confused1::confused1:
This is really drive me crazy as i dont understand why this is not working as it supposed to !!!
i attached all pictures here
Thanks for your help !!
Have a nice day.
Not right! This is how your nadir looks:
Originally Posted by gepetto
Refer to my tutorial at http://www.johnhpanos.com/epcalib.htm
Gepetto, despite the bad lower rail setting (it looks to be about 7.5mm off), I managed to get a good stitch. The blank walls means it's hard to find matching features between some images. I've uploaded the project file here: http://ge.tt/7vnfzXf/v/0
BTW, Although you used the camera in manual mode, you had auto white balance set. You should set an appropriate fixed white balance to make blending easier.
thanks for your time, i'll set the LRS back to what it was before, because with the sawtooth method it was OK...
i'll try to remember the whit balance also ;)