Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

R1 + Nikon 8-15mm settings ?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • R1 + Nikon 8-15mm settings ?

    Hi Nodal Ninja Team, I remember a long time ago a sort of wiki for different head/lens settings but can't find it anymore ?
    Just recieved my new Nikon 8-15mm and it's nice Nodal Ninja lens ring and was wondering if you had the settings for the different focals/tilts or do I have to search by myself ?
    THX

  • #2
    Originally posted by jeromebg View Post
    Hi Nodal Ninja Team, I remember a long time ago a sort of wiki for different head/lens settings but can't find it anymore ?
    Just recieved my new Nikon 8-15mm and it's nice Nodal Ninja lens ring and was wondering if you had the settings for the different focals/tilts or do I have to search by myself ?
    THX
    It has been removed a while ago as it was more confusing than anything else and the large tolerances on most consumer cameras made that chart not so accurate ! The best way (unless it can be feel like boring and loss of time) is to find the nodal point by yourself with your specific camera and lens ! That process is the best as you are sure to get the best settings for your specific camera and lens (settings can change between two couples of same camera/lens due to large tolerances most of time on consumer cameras !.
    Multiple processes exist to find nodal point, one of my favorite is the grid way (made by Alain Hamblenne, belgium panoramic photographer) you can find it on that link: http://www.outline.be/quicktime/tuto/

    Vincèn
    Retired Nodal Ninja Distributor
    Blog: http://www.skivr.com

    Comment


    • #3
      Thank you Vincen, a pleasure to see you're still active !
      Yes I know how to search a nodal point, I'm just lazy to search it for all the focals/tilts possible.
      In the case of a lens ring + high end lens like the Nikon 8-15 I doubt there is much difference between the gears ?
      I have searched and found for my beloved NN5 of course ;)
      I remember when I bought a conversion kit for the Samyang 7.5 the Nick wrote the settings for it on a R1, so why not for the Nikon 8-15mm ?

      Best regards

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by jeromebg View Post
        . . . . was wondering if you had the settings for the different focals/tilts or do I have to search by myself ?
        THX
        Jerome, There are very many combinations of settings possible for the R1 and zoom lens. You don't need all of them. It takes only 5 minutes or so to determine the no parallax point for a given setup, as there is only one "rail" to adjust. Hardly an arduous task.

        John

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by jeromebg View Post
          Thank you Vincen, a pleasure to see you're still active !
          héhé yep still around ;)

          Originally posted by jeromebg View Post
          Yes I know how to search a nodal point, I'm just lazy to search it for all the focals/tilts possible.
          well I would search it only for 8 and 15mm (focal lengths that can be reproduced in a secure way ;)

          Originally posted by jeromebg View Post
          I have searched and found for my beloved NN5 of course ;)
          Perhaps you can recycle your settings of NN5 to get already a base to start from ! Most of time I tried to find something near (similar camera body for example) to get an idea and start from that (I'm a lazy man too :D
          Retired Nodal Ninja Distributor
          Blog: http://www.skivr.com

          Comment


          • #6
            I calibrated my NN3Mk2 & 8-15mm with my D5300 using the DX mark. Seems to remain accurate even if I have to keep checking the zoom ring to see if it has moved.
            www.maritimephotographic.co.uk

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by Molls-Phot View Post
              I calibrated my NN3Mk2 & 8-15mm with my D5300 using the DX mark. Seems to remain accurate even if I have to keep checking the zoom ring to see if it has moved.
              I advise you to tape it to prevent unwanted move of the zoom ring ;)
              Retired Nodal Ninja Distributor
              Blog: http://www.skivr.com

              Comment

              Working...
              X