Shooting equirectangular panorama with R20

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Shooting equirectangular panorama with R20

I'm using the R20 with an 8mm Samyang and Canon 760d to shoot Google virtual tours. I stitch the panoramas using Autopano Giga, use spherical projection without any crop. I then use auto-fill with content in Photoshop to fill in the top of the image.

I know that the R20 does not allow a full 180 vertical view but when I put the stitched panorama into Google Maps, there is a very large nadir hole and a small zenith, even though I filled in the top of the panorama.

Does anyone have any suggestions of how i can fill in the nadir using a blur and pinching type effect..? Is a logo to patch the Nadir acceptable for Google? And why is there still a zenith hole even after I fill it in?

Have tried to attach image but it's not uploading. Is someone willing to look at the image for me and make suggestions?

Thanks for your help
    Last edited by Vcreative; 01-19-2017, 06:23 PM.

Check that your equirectangular panorama image has pixel dimensions exactly in the ratio 2:1 - eg. 6000x3000. By all means upload the image to www.sendspace.com (free service - no need to register) and post a link here.

John

Comment

Working...
    X