Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

If I mount my R1 in a mopod will I need the pole adapter?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • If I mount my R1 in a mopod will I need the pole adapter?

    Instead of using my tripod, will I need the pole adapter if I buy a manfrotto monopod?

  • #2
    Re: If I mount my R1 in a mopod will I need the pole adapter?

    Originally posted by fp2008 View Post
    Instead of using my tripod, will I need the pole adapter if I buy a manfrotto monopod?
    If you buy r1 without rotator, you'll definitively need the pole adapter to be able to mount it on regular tripod/monopod. If you buy R1 with R-D4 rotator, you don't need anything more to be able to screw it on tripod/monopod.

    Vincèn

    mod: Edited a important typo for vincen.
    French Nodal Ninja Distributor
    Blog: http://www.skivr.com
    Online shop: http://magasin.skivr.com
    Photo gallery: http://flickr.com/skivr
    Support website: http://support.skivr.com

    Comment


    • #3
      Re: If I mount my R1 in a mopod will I need the pole adapter?

      Originally posted by fp2008 View Post
      Instead of using my tripod, will I need the pole adapter if I buy a manfrotto monopod?
      pole adapter is lighter and has smaller nadir footprint, very import for high pole.
      You can also wait for our quick mount adapter and the 4 section 2.5meter short pole coming in 2 months.


      NIck
      Fanotec
      We listen. We try harder.

      Comment


      • #4
        Re: If I mount my R1 in a mopod will I need the pole adapter?

        Nick, this pole you mention will be easier to operate?

        Comment


        • #5
          Re: If I mount my R1 in a mopod will I need the pole adapter?

          Nick

          Will the R1 work with the RD16 Rotator which I currently use on my NN3? I am planning to buy the poles later in the year but would like to get to grips with the new head before hand and then when the poles become available i would like to get these, I would just like to make sure that i dont buy anything that later becomes redundant. I want to be able to use the R1 now on my monopod and tripod and then later move over to poles for different scenarios

          I am assuming that the poles will bolt on to the rotator on the bottom at the pole and all i will need to get later is the poles and quick mount for the R1 so that it can be used on this.

          I guess you will be making some sort of footplate or base for the rotator to then sit on and to aid additional support, i know in the photos that you show it on a mini tripod which you say is not your own design, some of the poles currently available seem to show some sort of plate that you stand on and can move the pole around to be able to get it vertical or angled in the case of one off shots.

          As i said I just want to make sure it will work and I dont buy redundant bits or end up doubling up with rotators.

          Thanks Neil

          Comment


          • #6
            Re: If I mount my R1 in a mopod will I need the pole adapter?

            Originally posted by fp2008 View Post
            Nick, this pole you mention will be easier to operate?
            yes, it is a system dedicated to NNs. So it is easier to use with NNs. :-)
            Plus, it is stronger and taller. However, it has higher cost as result.
            I am working on foot rotator too. :-)


            nick
            Fanotec
            We listen. We try harder.

            Comment


            • #7
              Re: If I mount my R1 in a mopod will I need the pole adapter?

              Originally posted by spiritburner View Post
              Nick

              Will the R1 work with the RD16 Rotator which I currently use on my NN3? I am planning to buy the poles later in the year but would like to get to grips with the new head before hand and then when the poles become available i would like to get these, I would just like to make sure that i dont buy anything that later becomes redundant. I want to be able to use the R1 now on my monopod and tripod and then later move over to poles for different scenarios
              We have an adapter for mounting R1/10 on RD8/16. Better still, we are releasing a quick mount adapter which allows you to mount NN3/5, R1/10 to RD4/8/16 or our pole quickly. It should be available by end of June.
              That said I also plan to provide better dedicated solution as foot rotator.

              Nick
              Fanotec
              We listen. We try harder.

              Comment


              • #8
                Re: If I mount my R1 in a mopod will I need the pole adapter?

                Thanks, i wil hold on then til the end of june then.

                neil

                Comment

                Working...
                X