Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

90deg corrected - This is it!!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • 90deg corrected - This is it!!

    Hi Nick and everyone else

    I have completed the adaptor and it is now working correctly, so the Nikon D3X (or other large cameras, including the ones with a battery pack) no longer touching anything when dropping to 90deg for the Zenith.

    Hope it is useful

    Erik hoffman

  • #2
    Re: 90deg corrected - This is it!!

    Originally posted by erikhoffman View Post
    Hi Nick and everyone else

    I have completed the adaptor and it is now working correctly, so the Nikon D3X (or other large cameras, including the ones with a battery pack) no longer touching anything when dropping to 90deg for the Zenith.

    Hope it is useful

    Erik hoffman
    Thanks for sharing.

    Nick
    Fanotec
    We listen. We try harder.

    Comment


    • #3
      Re: 90deg corrected - This is it!!

      Hi Erik,


      what is the purpose for "90deg corrected"? not obvious to me in the photos.


      Nick
      Fanotec
      We listen. We try harder.

      Comment


      • #4
        Re: 90deg corrected - This is it!!

        Hi Nick

        Sorry but it looks like some did not see the problem we had with R1 and Nikon D3X (Also with other large cameras including ones with extra battery pack attached) with 16mm AF lens,
        so here is the photo to show (same configurations) in 90deg drop to shoot the Zenith the camera is bumping the rotator R-DL3(I have tried all rotators)

        There is no way about it other then to make a new adaptor that is 30mm high and avoiding the problem

        Regards to all

        Erik Hoffman

        Comment


        • #5
          Re: 90deg corrected - This is it!!

          am I missing something... But would it not have enough overlap for stitching with it as it is?

          Comment


          • #6
            Re: 90deg corrected - This is it!!

            You are missing something - it is damaging the camera!!

            Erik

            Comment


            • #7
              Re: 90deg corrected - This is it!!

              Hi Erik,

              congratulations, not only a good photographer but also a very good constructor. And you got it in a very short time. Would like to know someone to do things like this for me as well in such a short time....

              Heinz

              Comment


              • #8
                Re: 90deg corrected - This is it!!

                Originally posted by erikhoffman View Post
                Hi Nick

                Sorry but it looks like some did not see the problem we had with R1 and Nikon D3X (Also with other large cameras including ones with extra battery pack attached) with 16mm AF lens,
                so here is the photo to show (same configurations) in 90deg drop to shoot the Zenith the camera is bumping the rotator R-DL3(I have tried all rotators)

                There is no way about it other then to make a new adaptor that is 30mm high and avoiding the problem

                Regards to all

                Erik Hoffman
                I misunderstood your meaning. I thougt you rotated (90 deg corrected) the anti-twistng screws as shown in the third picture.

                Nick
                Fanotec
                We listen. We try harder.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Re: 90deg corrected - This is it!!

                  Hi Nick

                  Silly me, yes you are right as from the photo it looks like moving the screws resolved the problem

                  I have decided as this is a a very long adaptor I will make it stronger so I have widened it up a bit at the bottom and made the holes smallers

                  With the D3X on this adaptor I just wanted to make sure that it will take it in the most secured way

                  Erik

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Re: 90deg corrected - This is it!!

                    Originally posted by erikhoffman View Post

                    I have decided as this is a a very long adaptor I will make it stronger so I have widened it up a bit at the bottom and made the holes smallers

                    With the D3X on this adaptor I just wanted to make sure that it will take it in the most secured way

                    Erik
                    The weakest link in the system is the bayonet lens mount. In some lenses, it is supported by a few tiny screws on plastic barrel.


                    Nick
                    Fanotec
                    We listen. We try harder.

                    Comment

                    Working...
                    X