Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

There sure are a lot of unexplained parts in the M1-L kit!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• There sure are a lot of unexplained parts in the M1-L kit!

Unearthing the contents of the M1-L's zippered bag reminded me of my childhood days of building model cars. All those wonderful parts!!

Unlike with model cars, however, the one thing missing from your otherwise well-engineered presentation is documentation for what all the parts are for. I mean, there are several bags of fasteners, shims, washers (flex, metal, rubber), two bags of unexplained caps, and a couple mystery items tightly wrapped and taped in their own translucent bags.

When it comes to looking at a pile of kit parts I can usually intuit what they're for. But this experience reminds me of walking into class late and finding everyone engaged in an activity ahead of me.

To my way of thinking, someone included all these parts for a reason, reflecting forethought, creativity, and engineering. I figure if I ignore them I'll be missing out on a capability of what appears to be a very fine product.

Come on, Nodal Ninja: how hard is it to include an annotated picture of all the parts with brief explanations for each?

Originally posted by timmy2 View Post
    Unearthing the contents of the M1-L's zippered bag reminded me of my childhood days of building model cars. All those wonderful parts!!

Unlike with model cars, however, the one thing missing from your otherwise well-engineered presentation is documentation for what all the parts are for. I mean, there are several bags of fasteners, shims, washers (flex, metal, rubber), two bags of unexplained caps, and a couple mystery items tightly wrapped and taped in their own translucent bags.

When it comes to looking at a pile of kit parts I can usually intuit what they're for. But this experience reminds me of walking into class late and finding everyone engaged in an activity ahead of me.

To my way of thinking, someone included all these parts for a reason, reflecting forethought, creativity, and engineering. I figure if I ignore them I'll be missing out on a capability of what appears to be a very fine product.

Come on, Nodal Ninja: how hard is it to include an annotated picture of all the parts with brief explanations for each?
    Those parts are for third party compatibility. Mainly stop screws. Some are for mounting accessories. Just keep them and leave it as is. You may find their use.
    Your head with rotator installed is fully functional. We will improve the manual in the future. Still learning the skills and software.

Nick
    Fanotec
    We listen. We try harder.

Comment

Working...
    X