Absolute Rip Off Postage Cost

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Absolute Rip Off Postage Cost

Have just experienced the worst and most greedy sales con ever, I lost the locking screw for the rotator I have, their is a spare listed in accessories, it costs $5, after adding it to the cart and getting to check out a further $95 us or 140aud was charged for the postage, this is absolutely insane, call this service, treating loyal customers like this, I hope sunwayphotos put you out of business.

We have local resellers. Use them and support your local economy. ;-)
    Getting something from nearest reseller is also green to the environment.

Yes, we and the whole industry are always threatened by copycats like SW Photos.

Nick
    Fanotec
    We listen. We try harder.

Comment

Where's the rip off? NN uses DHL for shipping and their rates are rather expensive for international shipping, especially when smaller/cheaper items come into play. A rip off would be if DHL shipping costs US$5 and NN charges $99. Not the case.

I was in a similar situation, I wanted to buy one of the discounted Nadir Adapters for $9. DHL shipping made the item prohibitively expensive and European dealers/resellers didn't have the item on sale. So, instead of just ranting away on "bad service", I wrote a mail to NN. Basically, I asked if they could ship via USPS, which is a lot cheaper.

After just a jew hours, NN contacted me. They:
      - searched for a reseller in Europe
      - contacted him
      - arranged the discount price for me
      - arranged cheap shipping
      - sent me a quote containing a PayPal link I just had to click to finish the order

I did as proposed and 1 day later, I had the desired article. So, I you want to rant about service, at least make use of the customer service. It just takes a small email. Not NN ist the problem, it's your inability to write a mail or pick up the phone.

For me: NN provides SPECTACULAR customer service and I will not only remain a loyal customer, but will also recommend them. I have several previous experiences (questions about products,...) and owned several NN heads before settling on the M1.

NN: keep making great products and providing great customer service.

Comment

Hi Kidraver,
        Firstly we do not con people - it's goes against the very 11 year strong core nature of our business. At the very least you should contact us - we're always helpful and understanding to a person's concerns and do the best we can to assist them. I'm sure our local dealer would have had this part or in this case we may have even sent it you to for free. Next time please reconsider a posting such angry public comments without first giving us an opportunity to help you.
        Thank you

Originally posted by Kidraver View Post
        Have just experienced the worst and most greedy sales con ever, I lost the locking screw for the rotator I have, their is a spare listed in accessories, it costs $5, after adding it to the cart and getting to check out a further $95 us or 140aud was charged for the postage, this is absolutely insane, call this service, treating loyal customers like this, I hope [deleted] put you out of business.

Comment

Originally posted by Bill Bailey View Post
          Hi Kidraver,
          Firstly we do not con people - it's goes against the very 11 year strong core nature of our business. At the very least you should contact us - we're always helpful and understanding to a person's concerns and do the best we can to assist them. I'm sure our local dealer would have had this part or in this case we may have even sent it you to for free. Next time please reconsider a posting such angry public comments without first giving us an opportunity to help you.
          Thank you
          Bill, if you read this can someone from Nodalninja please check the contact emails from the website.

I have a few questions about buying from Canada and two days later no one has answered my query. BHphotovideo for some reason cannot ship to Canada so I am left to buy from here but alas no one will answer my questions.

Please help.

Comment

Hi albertabound,
            We did find and did contact this person but they have not replied. It is rare emails goes off the grid but does happen from time to time. We can be reached phone 480-659-9899 m-t-th-f 8-noon - call collect. Or reach out to me directly at bill at nn dot com (email not written out for purpose of email bots). I look forward to hearing from you.

Comment

Originally posted by Bill Bailey View Post
              Hi albertabound,
              We did find and did contact this person but they have not replied. It is rare emails goes off the grid but does happen from time to time. We can be reached phone 480-659-9899 m-t-th-f 8-noon - call collect. Or reach out to me directly at bill at nn dot com (email not written out for purpose of email bots). I look forward to hearing from you.
              Bill, I checked spam and trash. Both were empty.

Moments ago I sent you an email.

Thank you for your attention.

Dan

Comment

I actually meant "our" spam folder which gets literally thousands of spam emails but still always good to check yours as well in event replies get spammed.
                I just replied to your email - thank you for reaching out.

Comment

Working...
                X