Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ulitmate M Series Pano Heads

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #16
    Originally posted by johnchoy View Post
    I have the NN5 with RD 16. Does it mean I can buy the M1 Rails only ?

    John
    all components are available individually.
    for prior NN users who bought new from authorized reseller, please wait for announcement of special discount and arrangement. :-)

    nick
    Fanotec
    We listen. We try harder.

    Comment


    • #17
      congrats nick, the new heads looks awesome :)

      one question, it looks like the camera mounting clamp can only be attached to the end of the rail, possibly limiting that configs use with fisheyes unless a ring mount is used instead of the camera mounting rail ?

      will there be shorter rails or ideally, a camera clamp that can be positioned along the rail as opposed to just the end ? this would allow more versatility with fewer parts to pack in ones bag

      ok, one more question, what is the approx weight of the M1-L ?

      thanks :)

      sam
      Sam Rohn :: 360° Panoramic Photography :: Location Scout :: New York City :: www.samrohn.com

      PanoPress :: WordPress Plugin for 360° Panoramas in Flash & HTML5 :: www.panopress.org

      Comment


      • #18
        Originally posted by Sam Rohn View Post
        congrats nick, the new heads looks awesome :)

        one question, it looks like the camera mounting clamp can only be attached to the end of the rail, possibly limiting that configs use with fisheyes unless a ring mount is used instead of the camera mounting rail ?

        will there be shorter rails or ideally, a camera clamp that can be positioned along the rail as opposed to just the end ? this would allow more versatility with fewer parts to pack in ones bag

        ok, one more question, what is the approx weight of the M1-L ?

        thanks :)

        sam
        you are a good observer. yes, part of upper rail may get into the image. we have 3 multifuntional rails at the moment. One is thin with a length of 160mm (shown in M1S), other 2 are thick with lengths of 170mm and 210mm. The M1L shown has two 210mm rails. I just find that 170mm rail will be a better fit for the upper rail. So 170mm rail will be the one shipped and M1L price is reduced by $10. even with 170mm rail, significant amount of rail may get into the image for a compact fisheye lens such as a shaved Nikon 10.5mm on FF camera. As you have suggested, a lens ring will be an excellent solution. Besides, we are making one more clamp which can be installed under the upper rail end clamp. This clamp will allow the camera or lens ring to slide along the upper rail. So, there is no real problem here. :-)

        M1L with RD16 has a weight of ~1.5kg. The thick rails are much stronger than NN5 and will support tele lens such as 300mm F2.8 very well when the M2 is out. Did I say there will be lots of products to be released this year? :-) The number of product released this year may exceed sum of past 7 years!

        M1S with RD8 is about 1.1kg.


        Nick
        Last edited by nick fan; 02-14-2011, 12:56 AM.
        Fanotec
        We listen. We try harder.

        Comment


        • #19
          Ill wait till the Ulitmate M -series also be for sales with out RD8 or RD16. I've already a RD16 with my NN5.

          Nick, i've a Canon 1D MkIII witch will be the best solution for me?

          Thanks!

          Johan
          My website: www.360p.nl
          8,67 Gigapixels Panorama: http://www.360p.nl/portfolio/gigapixel/123-bataviahaven-lelystad-8-67-gigapixels

          Comment


          • #20
            Originally posted by nick fan View Post
            The number of product released this year may exceed sum of past 7 years!
            Nick
            Will any of your new products be accessories for the NN3? Like a universal lens collar to clamp onto a compact camera adapter tube that would slide along the top rail of the NN3 and hold the camera in perfect alignment -- unlike the T-XX adapters that allow the camera to twist out of alignment?

            Comment


            • #21
              Originally posted by Seacat View Post
              Ill wait till the Ulitmate M -series also be for sales with out RD8 or RD16. I've already a RD16 with my NN5.

              Nick, i've a Canon 1D MkIII witch will be the best solution for me?

              Thanks!

              Johan
              We will try to do the best for our beloved customers. To qualify for our upgrade discount, you can buy an M1 without rotator, together with a default rotator for NN5.
              Canon 1D series and Nikon D1/2/3/4 series will need the larger model.

              Nick
              Fanotec
              We listen. We try harder.

              Comment


              • #22
                Originally posted by DemonDuck View Post
                Will any of your new products be accessories for the NN3? Like a universal lens collar to clamp onto a compact camera adapter tube that would slide along the top rail of the NN3 and hold the camera in perfect alignment -- unlike the T-XX adapters that allow the camera to twist out of alignment?

                an updated T-adapter will be released in the near future.
                I will see how I can make a cheap universal lens ring for P&S. :-)

                Nick
                Last edited by nick fan; 02-14-2011, 09:15 PM.
                Fanotec
                We listen. We try harder.

                Comment


                • #23
                  Will the next models have more smaller precise positive stops at the upper rotator, supporting "longer" lenses? If so, any idea of when?

                  Originally posted by Bill Bailey View Post
                  The first model of this modular system is the M1 which has 7.5 degree precise positive stops at the upper rotator, supporting lenses from ultra wide angles to 200mm telephotos. It allows templates to be used to speed up stitching and reduce stitching errors.
                  Bill

                  Comment


                  • #24
                    Originally posted by pedro.silva View Post
                    Will the next models have more smaller precise positive stops at the upper rotator, supporting "longer" lenses? If so, any idea of when?
                    yes, I plan to release M2 to support 400mm lens this year. This require new lower and upper rotators.
                    No concrete time yet.

                    Nick

                    PS some people show very high interest in the M2 offline. Here is some more info.
                    M2 will co-exist with M1. It will be targeting people making high resolution mosaic using lenses >200mm eq. fl. It can also be used to make spherical panos. but it will have larger rotator foot prints. It is bigger, heavier and more expensive. The lower rotator will only have very fine intervals to support >200mm lens. Fisheye users will need to skip lots of stops. Well, one can use other rotators such as RD8/16 instead since it is completely modular.
                    Last edited by nick fan; 02-23-2011, 07:41 AM.
                    Fanotec
                    We listen. We try harder.

                    Comment


                    • #25
                      Thank you!
                      Originally posted by nick fan View Post
                      yes, I plan to release M2 to support 400mm lens this year. This require new lower and upper rotators.
                      No concrete time yet.

                      Nick

                      Comment


                      • #26
                        Originally posted by nick fan View Post
                        yes, I plan to release M2 to support 400mm lens this year. This require new lower and upper rotators.
                        No concrete time yet.

                        Nick
                        What will the new M2 upper rotator positive stop(s) be?

                        Also, will the new M2 lower rotator have fewer detents with the smaller/finer detent settings? (Samller/finer than the current 3.75)
                        Last edited by bbc597; 02-21-2011, 02:56 PM.

                        Comment


                        • #27
                          Originally posted by bbc597 View Post
                          What will the new M2 upper rotator positive stop(s) be?

                          Also, will the new M2 lower rotator have fewer detents with the smaller/finer detent settings? (Samller/finer than the current 3.75)
                          it will have finer detent/ stop to support >400mm eq lens. No more info at this stage as it is still undervelopment.
                          It will be achieved by replacing the lower and upper rotator of M1L.

                          Nick

                          PS some people show very high interest in the M2 offline. Here is some more info.
                          M2 will co-exist with M1. It will be targeting people making high resolution mosaic using lenses >200mm eq. fl. It can also be used to make spherical panos. but it will have larger rotator foot prints. It is bigger, heavier and more expensive. The lower rotator will only have very fine intervals to support >200mm lens. Fisheye users will need to skip lots of stops. Well, one can use other rotators such as RD8/16 instead since it is completely modular.
                          Last edited by nick fan; 02-23-2011, 07:41 AM.
                          Fanotec
                          We listen. We try harder.

                          Comment


                          • #28
                            O.K., I got it...thanks.

                            With the new/current M1 upper rotator and its 7.5 degree positive stops, can I use other settings on the upper rotator besides those at the positive stops?

                            Comment


                            • #29
                              Originally posted by bbc597 View Post
                              With the new/current M1 upper rotator and its 7.5 degree positive stops, can I use other settings on the upper rotator besides those at the positive stops?
                              Nope it won't hold well if you try to lock it between two stops, and very quickly it'll move to nearest stop !

                              Vincèn
                              French Nodal Ninja Distributor
                              Blog: http://www.skivr.com
                              Online shop: http://magasin.skivr.com
                              Photo gallery: http://flickr.com/skivr
                              Support website: http://support.skivr.com

                              Comment


                              • #30
                                Was the NN5 the same with its 15 degree stops? (will not hold between the 15 degree stops)

                                And the NN5L without the positive stops, how was it able to hold without moving?

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X