No announcement yet.

d700 with grip + 50mm 1,4G and 24-70 2,8 G

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• d700 with grip + 50mm 1,4G and 24-70 2,8 G

Hello there,

i know I posted a question about 24-70 settings earlier ( and the best - but not perfect - settings so far where those posted by 2BsCalifornian:

"24/155, 28/153, 35/143, 50/134, 70/139 are the correct settings, I think, for the D700 + 24/70mm f/2.8 combo"

i'm assuming the A value is 100mm (as written in the support section for a 14-24 lens)

could anyone using a d700 with nikon grip on it verify them and maybe post something more accurate?

Also - did you try to shoot with a 50mm 1,4 G? I need a a shallow DOF for a shot so this lens and tons of consecutive photos should do the job - the problem is, i'm a having a really hard time trying to figure out all the settings by my own.

Thanks a lot

Have you tried using the methods described many times in this forum about how to find your own settings? It really is a very very easy process and once you've nailed the procedure you can then find the settings for any camera and lens combination you will ever own.

I recently tested the Olympus E-P3 with a Samyang 7.5mm lens and it took me no more than 5 mins tops.

Here's the links:

I know a few guys are using a battery grip, but most of us don't. You can compensate the grip by taking extra charged batteries plus use high speed cf cards like sandisk extreme pro with 45mbs.

Our time is short as well, plus you should test the settings with your own equipment anyway to be sure.